This is My "Real" Blog: Crafty Crafterson


Angie's Blog!

Friday, December 07, 2007

Crafty Crafterson

I got the inspiration for these button trees from Ali Edwards' blog a couple of weeks ago. I really like the green one -- I'm still trying to figure out how and where to display these. My house, as always, is a work in progress. My Christmas decortions are no exception.

This first tree is probably my favorite. I used green, red, and brown buttons and white pins. I'm working on a "pinless" version with shades of green buttons. It has to be done in phases, as the glue dries OH so slowly!


This second tree is more "feminine" I suppose. It is white buttons with pearly jewel-tone pins. (expensive) When did stick pins become so expensive? If you want white ones, or these cute jewel toned pins, it's like $2.50 for a box of 150. Ridiculous. I'm not happy with the top of this tree, but I haven't figure out how I want to change it.

I spent some time making cards at a friends' house last night. She's a rubber-stamper. I have a few stamps, and one stamp pad. I bought stamps at a party at her house a couple of weeks ago with the intention of using them ONLY for scrapbooking purposes. Making cards is really fun. I'll try to take pictures of them soon, and get them posted here, too. I used their idea book (Stampin' Up) and my papers and tools. I like what I came up with.

Other than that, it's Friday morning. I'm arguing with myself as to whether or not I want to go out and get some necessary items for upcoming projects. I'm running out of ribbon. I know, I was mortified, too! But if I go get ribbon, we're talking Hobby Lobby or A.C. Moore. This is one of those situations where Walmart just won't cut it . . . so to speak. (sorry)

Happy Friday!

Photobucket

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those trees are adorable. I tried stamping a few years back. I even made my Christmas cards, but I can only do so much, so I gave all my stamps to my daughter who does scrapbooking.

10:52 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i love the trees... and the top of the top one is simply perfect so how about wired femininie ribbon curled and arrnged for the white button tree...

11:58 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Hi, Angie. Steve the wordsmith here. The word that you're looking for when you use "feminine" (or even ""feminine"", since I'm quoting your quotes) is "girly".

Check with number one son if he'd be okay having his friends over with the first one in the middle of the table they were eating at. "Sure, Mom, no prob."

Ask him about the second one, and you may not get words at all. You may just get a look.

But what I did think about as a topper for the second one was a massive sugar-covered gum-drop. You pick red or green. It would ideally carry the lines of the tree up to more of a point than it has now.

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so funny! I saw the pictures and said, "Hey! We are going to do those this weekend!" I too saw Ali's and thought there were adorable.

We are baking cookies as I type...okay, I'm baking, the boys (including Randy) are tasting!

9:04 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

come read my blog, i know it is late and you are prob asleep it has been along hard day but my girl has a bday tomorrow and i wanted to share my thoughts with you...

11:47 PM  
Blogger *Heather said...

Cute trees! And what a awful thing to run out of ribbon...you better go quick to get some more! ;)

12:35 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

These are wonderful! What fun! Do you have easy access to buttons? My Mum is a knitter....and buttons are getting hard to come by and expensive. Great stuff Angie.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home