This is My "Real" Blog: Good Golly Buddy Holly


Angie's Blog!

Monday, December 03, 2007

Good Golly Buddy Holly

She hasn't told me what yet. I believe it's some sort of Christmas surprise. . . ? My friend Beth has been asking for photos in recent days. I sent her most of the pics from Saturday's blog entry (plus a few more for good measure). As you might imagine, a good portion of those pictures were of Caroline.

After receiving them, she graciously pointed out that she needed pictures of "the boy" as well. So tonight, while procrastinating some of the work I brought home, I dug out (digitally) pictures for her. After weeding through hundreds of pictures, I realized that I needed to dig myself out of the (PMS induced) pity party I was enjoying, and realize just how blessed I am.

Maybe it was the Christmas music playing in the background. . . or the fact that Mark had taken the kids out for some shopping and supper to give me some much-needed space. . .or the scent (and non-scent) of the 10 or so candles I've lit. . . I'm not sure what it was. But, I was moved to tears to realize that I don't deserve these kids. I don't deserve my husband. I certainly don't deserve the love of my extended family. And, at this time of year, I realize very humbly, that I don't deserve a Savior.

. . .and yet, I've been blessed by all these things. Here are some of the pictures that brought about this epiphany.

Caroline & Edison - Christmas 2005. The year of the flu bug. Both were recovering when this picture was taken. Mark would come down with the flu about 3 hours later.


There was just something about this girl from the minute she arrived on the scene. She still stops on every trip through the kitchen to gaze at herself--whether in the dishwasher or the oven door.


While Caroline was recovering from her open heart surgery, Edison went to Build a Bear Workshop and made her the teddy bear (the shirt says "Princess") and the dog for himself.


But, this was the picture that got to me. I realized just how far we've come in the past three years. . .or the past thirteen. God has given me two uniquely wonderful children. These two are best friends, partners, and lifelong buddies. I could NEVER ask for more.

Hey, did I mention? You're blessed too. Want proof? Go find yourself some pictures. I guarantee you'll find a blessing!

Photobucket

7 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

yeppers those photos completely blew me away as i opened each one... thank you Angie...and i am praying that that seemingly insurmountable whatever, gets taken care of... by the one who is able to do exceedingly abundantly more than we can imagine

9:33 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

great post Angie...

9:38 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

God is good. All the time.

And all the time . . .

10:08 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Hi Angie, nice to 'meet' you! :> What are the odds that there would be two Angies so close together---I live in Mooresburg (just an hour from Knoxville)! Your children are beautiful! And what a lot that little girl has gone through!! But just look what love can do! "Always blessings--never losses"

8:51 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Love the hospital pic. Caroline just looks so Happy. :-) Lovely connection. xx

3:02 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

*sigh* brilliant blog my friend. Thank you.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

God loves you, Angie! And HE doesn't make junk!! My mom said that to me growing up and now I'm passing it on to you.

What kind of camera did you buy?? Boyd bought me a better camera for Christmas, too. I was ready for an upgrade. I'm anxious to use it!!

Did you know that there's another Angie in TN with a girl in some pics that look like Caroline?? I thought it was you playing a joke but I read a bit of her blog and it's a different gal. I'll have to find it for you.
Hugs,
Joni

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home