This is My "Real" Blog: Magic Time


Angie's Blog!

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Magic Time

I've been making cards. Last night was the start. Tonight, I wasn't able to do a whole lot of anything else, so I made some more.

These are tonight's cards. Mark says he likes the following one the best:


I've decided to make thank you cards, primarily. The center front card below looks like it comes from Minnie Mouse, but I really like it.
These are some of the cards from last night. I've still got to get the hang of this new camera.
This was my favorite from last night. The "noel" was made with a stamp. If I could write like that, I wouldn't need anything else!

And this. . . my dear, dear friends. . . this is where the magic happens.


In other news, tomorrow (today, actually) is Jenni's birthday. Beth's oldest daughter and my daughter share that same "little something extra" that makes them so unique and special. Jenni is a lovely young woman. Beth has written a beautiful tribute to Jenni at her blog. I encourage you to go there, and celebrate with me, a wonderful young woman that I hope to one day meet in person. I told Beth that I picture (in my heart) the time when our girls will meet--and walk down a lane together--Jenni holding Caroline's hand, and smiling and pointing out flowers and birds. I know, I know. . .but I do see them meeting one day, and discovering that they have more in common than an extra chromosome. They have love, laughter, joy, a supportive family, great friends, and a world of possibilities in front of them.

I'm gettin' kinda sleepy. It should be a fun (but long) day tomorrow. We have a 2nd dress rehearsal for the Children's musical in the morning. I also have an early rehearsal with the soloist for Sunday morning. After those two, I need to make sure all is ready for the services on Sunday. There's also a baby shower for a friend. . . and the DSAG Christmas party.

Sounds like a typical Saturday for us. Oh yeah, and it's spaghetti night. Mark even picked up the garlic bread tonight. Yumm-o!!

OH. . . and I am the worst daughter in the history of mankind. Well, no, I guess Lizzie Borden would win that contest. . . but I feel like I'd make the top three. Today was my dad's birthday. I have his birthday present--he LOVES Starbucks' Christmas Blend. Edison and I picked him up a pound the other day. But today, in spite of the fact that I had planned to take it to him, I actually took Caroline and "bugged out" of the house when we lost power. I didn't get a chance to call him or go by the house. I know. I stink.

So, I'll be taking his present to him either tomorrow morning, or Sunday morning. I know he'll understand. His power was out at the same time mine was. It made for a great excuse for me to run to West Knoxville, and get some more supplies for Christmas gifts and crafts.

I didn't get nearly as much ribbon as I would have liked, but Hobby Lobby had a lot of their Christmas scrapbooking paper on clearance. I also picked up the "thank you" stamps I used on the cards tonight.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

a trillion things (with our number concept you would think that you and i need a math refresher:) ) a trillion lovely things in your blog but the spaghetti night is sticking with me, i want a spaghetti night.... tonight will be applebees, b/c that is the only FL eatery here in TBay other than fast food and that is what Miss J wishes... thank you Angie for becoming a gabulous friend..."comment" to you later :) :)

9:26 AM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Wowwwwwwwww. Crafty Crafterson is right! I love all the cards you made; I'd love to do that if I weren't so busy doing stuff for EVERYONE else! hee.

It's no wonder I never see you online anymore!

Hugs!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Hi Angie,
Before we went to a movie yesterday, I took the time to write you a long newsy note. As Boyd reminded me to hustle... I lost it somehow. Sorry for you... sorry for me!

Love your cards. My very favorite is the 'Noel' card too. It's so simple and classy.

I wasn't going to post this weekend and just devote my time to my 'to do' list. But then I had an idea for something I just had to make. So... I posted it and at 2:30 am still in my jammies. So... I may as well read some blogs and have a cup of chai.

It's been 14 degrees here with a high of 18. NICE!! (joking)

Off to turn on the tea pot.
Hugs,
Joni

3:28 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Hope you had a great weekend Angie. I just love those cards! Great job.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home