This is My "Real" Blog: Surrender


Angie's Blog!

Friday, December 21, 2007

Surrender

I did it.

I went to the doctor this morning.

Of course, I had to wait an hour and a half, and then another half hour when I got in the exam room.

But. . . she said that I did (indeed) have a severe sinus infection and the evidence of "tons of drainage" in my throat (no strep).

She gave me some treatment options. . . I opted for a cocktail. Yep - dropped my trousers for a two-hitter. Benadryl on one side (ahem) and Decadron (steroid) on the other.

Other than the apparent hot flash that I'm still waiting for from the decadron. . .oh, and the possible insomnia tonight, I didn't mind the cocktail at all.

I can actually breathe through both nostrils, and although I still cannot taste any food, I have no signs of nausea or dizziness.

Yet.

She also gave me a prescription for a strong antibiotic that carries a warning for nausea. . . and a decongestant/antihistamine/expectorant that says it can make you dizzy or drowsy.

How's that for a Friday morning?

I'm going to bed.

Edited. . . to add: One fringe benefit to a severe sinus infection is a hampered sense of smell. So much so that when I just now went into scrub Caroline and her bed thoroughly (she had smeared poo all over herself and her bed) . . . I didn't smell a thing.
Photobucket

7 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Ummmm, there seems to be a certain focus in this blog entry. And I would name the location, but that would be hitting below the belt.

Hope things go better for everybody.

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you went to the doctor for some meds. I think not smelling Caroline at that moment was really a good thing. I hope you'll be on the mend now.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

I rarely answer here -- but this has not been a normal week at all! : )

I am feeling some better. And just be sure, I checked with Edison. He said the aroma was out in the living room -- he knew something was up -- or out -- before we even got into her room.

The other tragic flaw in this is that the diet coke I am currently drinking has absolutely NO taste. . . but it has caffeine.

Done talking. Off to read some more!

6:50 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Hi Angie,
Just have a minute or two... watching season #6 of "24". I'm knitting rapidly on our niece's scarf trying to get it long enough for a teenager and Boyd's making some kind of artisan bread. So, we're on a 'kneading' break.

Glad you went to the doctor... now you'll start healing. I have a sinus infection too. Went to the doctor and she gave me antibiotics and a nasel spray. I still have no energy. I wheeze when I lie down. Haven't been out of the house in a week until today. We ran a few errands. Came home and got right back into jammies.

Ooooooooooh, Caroline! That sounds icky. Glad your smeller is out of condition.

I just changed my 'header' on my blog again (an elf). I used Photoshop. This is by no means perfect... but, I'm understanding the process now after a ton of mistakes. Now I'm ready to start tweaking, etc. It's just like making a long, narrow mini album page. Same process.

Tomorrow I have to go to Oshkosh (about an hour south) to get my hair trimmed and colored. That ends up blowing the day by the time we go out for lunch and make a few stops.

Glad you're medicated.
Holiday hugs,
Joni

10:14 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

glad you were at the doctor, i am home and will catch up tomorrow

11:01 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

I hope you feel MUCH MUCH better today!!!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

I am so glad you went to the doctor.....here is hoping you have turned the corner.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home