This is My "Real" Blog: Boy, do I have a lot to show you. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Friday, January 04, 2008

Boy, do I have a lot to show you. . . .

. . .but you're gonna have to wait until tomorrow.

Mark and I are preparing to host the church staff (14 in all) and our potential new pastor and his wife to our house tomorrow night for dinner & "get to know you" time.

Let's just say that we've had good intentions to get pictures, wreaths, etc. hung around the house since we moved in. Our intentions met reality today. Pictures, samplers, wreaths, and copper are all hung in the house. And, Mark did an awesome job translating my crazy ideas into arrangements that really look nice.

I will take pictures tomorrow. I promise.

Speaking of pictures. . . Edison finally got his new digital camera last night. He has been taking lots of pictures of Caroline. I think he's trying to get "artsy fartsy" pictures. Whenever he takes a picture that cuts her head off (ever so slightly) or if she's out of focus. . .he says (with all seriousness), "It's contemporary!"

He cracks me up.

He has actually taken a couple of pictures that are very nice. Once I figure out how to upload HIS camera's pictures, I promised him that I'd scrap one of the pictures he took of Caroline. See that, Christy??? I haven't forgotten how to scrap pictures!

Interesting things going on these days, eh? Iowa Caucuses. Very interesting. The new Celebrity Apprentice. Extremely interesting. I am sorry to admit that I watched tonight's episode--in between hanging pictures.

And, the funny thing we did today? I taught Caroline to say "Deal or No Deal" while touching her lips with her two fingers (just like Howie Mandel). Pretty cool.

Well, I'm exhausted. I get to clean the house tomorrow. Dust. Vacuum. Clean bathrooms. Straighten bookshelves.

You know the drill.

The promised pictures will arrive here on the blog tomorrow. See ya!
Photobucket

6 Comments:

Blogger Yummers! said...

I'm so far behind again with my blog reading so here I go...

I read Ali Edward's blog everyday. It's not listed on my 'Links' but on a list under "Favorites" on my computer. My word for the year is 'Positive' and I've had 3 days to practice it with my wounds.

I really like your new blog header and overall look. Really, really nice! A friend offered to redo my 'blog look' but I have no idea what she's going to do. It was such a sweet offer and I like her taste. And a surprise is such fun!!So we're both starting off the New Year with a NEW look... blogwise.

I'm off to bed... out of books. I'm waiting for an Amazon order.
You asked for suggestions...
1. The Kite Runner
2. Snow Flower and the Magic Fan
3. A Thousand Splendid Suns
4. Pretty Birds
5. Madonnas of Leningrad

My top 5 favorites of 2007.

Good Night!
Hugs,
Joni

2:01 AM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

PS What's the name of the 'layout' you're using? I'm on Blogspot also.
~Joni

2:03 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i am glad you are in the midst of everything else finding time to train your daughter up in the way she should go, lol
hey pray for me today, i need it, okay?

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go go go Angie! I hope the hosting goes well :0)

3:33 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Happy weekend to you Angie

4:33 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

"Oh, just a little get-together for my potential new boss and five hundred of my closest friends . . ."

Hope it goes well. You can do it. Everybody will be on their best behavior, so you only have to worry about the food stuff, not the entertaining part. And you got that food thing down real good - I've been a beneficiary.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home