This is My "Real" Blog: We're Baaa-----ack! (Ack!)


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

We're Baaa-----ack! (Ack!)

Well, we survived the wild and wooly west side of K-town. And, coincidentally, we added to the state's sales tax income for the last couple of days of the year.

We shopped. Sweet Pea perfume, we shopped.

Target. (This place is heaven) I got a new blender. The kind that can handle ice cubes. I see smoothies in my future. . . and less trips to Starbucks for Edison because he can make his double-chocolate chip frappuccinos here at home. (If you spend a mere $ .50 on a frappuccino, and throw 30% of it away, it hurts less than when they cost $5) Seriously. Have you seen their prices? Oy.

I also found some clearance Christmas stuff (gift bags and stick-on tags) and ear buds for my MP3 player that don't hurt my ears. Sweet.

Then, it was off to Goody's, Joann's, Lowe's (Mark) and Best Buy (Mark), as well as Panera for bagels, Steak & Shake for lunch, and Olive Garden for supper. YUM.

This morning, before heading home, we made a stop at Bath & Body Works. I had a giftcard, and I was not afraid to use it. But, what happened in that store today was mind-boggling. I went in, expecting to buy some Warm Vanilla Sugar body wash, or some other fragrance like that. Instead, I found Savannah Bee Company's Mint Julep body wash . . . .at 75% off!!!!! They 're discontinuing carrying it. . . so I bought them out (3 bottles). I also found a new BBW fragrance I like . . .peony. It's light and fresh. Bought a big bottle of body wash ($4) and a small, travel-size one ($1). But that wasn't what did me in. . . .

I am so ashamed. . . on the way out of the store, Mark was sampling some of the fragrances on the wall. The new fragrances. .. full-priced ones. I had sampled the "Delicious Apple" and the "Brown Sugar Fig" and they were allright. But he said, "Here try this. It's Chocolate Amber." To which I said, "Ewwww. No way."


Then I smelled it. Sweet Holy Molasses Cookies. It smells like heaven. Actually, it's a little devilish. I put some of the lotion on my hands. And, if I didn't look like some idiot all the way home. . . I kept smelling my hands. Really, it smells that good.

So, on my next trip to Bath & Body Works, I will be getting the body wash, body spray and lotion. Seriously. I have kicked myself 18 times since we left the store because I didn't go back in and pull the checkbook out and make a purchase.

Next time you're in Bath & Body Works, give the old "Chocolate Amber" a try. I know it sounds weird. You won't smell like a Hershey bar. I swear. You won't smell like Amber. . .whatever amber smells like. They only reference to Amber I can remember--other than the chick who turned in Scott Peterson--is that amber was the substance in which trapped DNA matter allowed Mr. Freaky Doctor to recreate a T-Rex for Jurassic Park.

You won't smell like Jurassic Park. I promise. Seriously. I wouldn't lie about this.

Other Random Thoughts:

UT won the Outback Bowl. Whoo hoo. (There, I showed my true colors)

It's 2008. I have written two checks today, yeah, I did a little more shopping, and I didn't flub the year either time.

We watched three movies while away. They were interesting. One was good. The others were lesser degrees of good.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith (good -- like fun date-movie good)
Little Miss Sunshine (I swear to frog, I thought it was supposed to be funny)
Talledega Nights (I was wrong. . .I thought this would be funny, too)

Actually, the gag reel/outtakes/extras on Talledega Nights was funnier than the whole movie. Especially the part where his two kids, "Walker" and "Texas Ranger" practice various forms of smack talk. (You have to have a strong stomach for language. . . and at that, from children) But, we laughed until we couldn't hear the TV.

All in all, it was a nice anniversary getaway. I brought along a little crocheting. Sudokus. A couple books (never opened them).

Oh, and I discovered a new flavor of Ben & Jerry's. . . Creme Brulee. Yeah, that was definitely a 2007 thing. I won't be having any more of that any time soon. It's back on the diet wagon tomorrow. And, to be honest, I'm kind of looking forward to it.

. . . .maybe it's because I was able to go to Goody's and buy a sweater. That may not mean a lot to most of you. . . but Goody's is a Kohls-like store where "bigger girls" can't find many clothes that fit them. I am proudly wearing an olive sweater, as I type, that I bought at Goody's yesterday afternoon. At this rate, I'll be shopping at Old Navy in six months or so.

. . .and that's a good goal.

Happy New Year, everyone. Thanks for reading, even when the posts are like this. . .long and mindless rambles. It really means something to have people tell me that they keep up on my family through the blog. (Julaine S. and Mike W.) I am blessed.

One last thought, and its irony is priceless.

Ali Edwards has a blog that I read religiously. The link is over on the right. I learned about her through Julie Brock (also linked on the right). Julie's mother-in-law Jane, is one of my favorite people (again, linked on the right). This conglomeration of people that you see listed are friends who I primarily met through blogging. Some are long-time friends, but most are blog/internet friends. Pretty cool.

Anyway, Ali issued a challenge to come up with a word for the year. Hers for 2008 is vitality. That's a good word. Not mine, however. My word for 2008 is simplify. Which, in and of itself is highly ironic--especially if you've stuck with me long enough to get to this point in the blog entry.

But, I do want to simplify. Sometimes simplifying means letting go of stuff. Unnecessary stuff. It means cleaning out. . . cleansing stuff. It means getting back to basics. It means uncomplicating my life.

So, for me. 2008. Simplify.

And, if I can talk to my buddy Melany (linked on right) about making me a blog header that reflects that. . . .well, that would just be the greatest gift of all.

Happy New Year!
Phew, I'm exhausted.
Photobucket

9 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Sounds like you had a great trip Angie... well deserved! Simplify sounds like a great word... I need to check out Ali's blog and come up with something for myself! "Goody" for you on the sweater!!! Doesn't that feel great?! :) Happy New Year to you and your family!

10:53 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Happy New Year to the entire Aubrey family...Here's to a great 08 but when you start talking about church programs and such don't be surprised if I bust your chops about simplifying, I have never learned how to do that....teach me oh Obi Wan.

Sounded like the "getaway" worked. Glad you got a chance to recharge

8:17 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Welcome back! Sounds like it was a great trip. And "Chocolate Amber" sounds like something out of National Treasure (another fun pic - at least the first one was. Haven't seen the second one yet.)

And I like "Simplify" - the concept, the hopeful results, and the header.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Always love reading your blog. Hope you like the 'simplified' look...if not I know someone who can fix it if you send her some new pictures! heehee

By the way, I clicked on the music again and I could sit and listen to your blog all day. Love it.

I went to the B&BW web site to check out the chocolate amber stuff but they don't allow us Canadians to buy stuff. Meanies!

Big squeezy hugs and a Happy New Year to you!

Love Melly :)

10:10 AM  
Blogger Cooksalot said...

Wow! That's a lot of writing there. More that I ever do. Sounds like the shopping trip was fun. I guess I'll go check out BBW with GC in hand and tell them my pal said to check out the Chocolate Amber. I love the Warm Amber so I'm sure I'll like the Chocolate Amber too.
I'll have to go check out Ali's blog it's been awhile. Of course my word would be ORGANIZE! LOL!
And Melly I'll have to grab a lotion to mail you while I'm there. How about you Angie?

1:35 PM  
Blogger Cooksalot said...

p.s. I see you have PW Cooks linked up now too. Fun isn't she?

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too love the Chocolate Amber! Love ya! Julaine

2:07 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

I'm a Sweet pea girl, but I also like Peony. And Freesia. And Coconut!!!

I'll have to try Chocolate Amber!

(Can you tell I love Bath and Body works?)

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with you on this one "simplify". I started this and it feels great.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home