This is My "Real" Blog: Boys and their Toys


Angie's Blog!

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Boys and their Toys

I may try to sneak outside in a few minutes, and take a picture of Mark as he uses his Christmas present for the first time.

I got him a leaf blower. I know. That truly is the most romantic Christmas gift ever, right?

But, our new home is bordered along the back by a forest of trees. Literally. There's a grove of trees that sit up on a hill. These are OLD trees. Lots of BIG leaves.


What you see here is evidence of our 4 or 5 attempts at raking. The tree line is just behind a fence (someone else's property). The little dogwood tree in the foreground is ours. But before we raked, it was smothered in leaves. And, although my children have loved frollicking in these leaves. . . .the beautiful grass that lies beneath the carpet of dried leaves right now does NOT like the idea of rotting leaves stealing its life away. (I'm assuming the victim role of the dormant grass)



After Mark raked the side yard, he created a ridge of leaves running nearly the length of the side yard. This pile of leaves is about to be blown over the back fence . . . sending them "home" so to speak.

Mark decided that since today is a slightly sunny, and not too cold day (55 degrees) he would go out and play with the new Leaf Blower. I can hear it revving up in the front yard. Right now, there's a lot of "off" and then "rev" and then "on" and then "off"


Ooh......it just left the front of the house, and he's making his way to the side yard. Progress. Pictures.


It's working. I can hear it humming out in front of the house right now.




I think I did good this year, huh?
Photobucket

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh! The PERFECT Holiday gift. It was the only thing on my list this year, and all I received! And very happy about it.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Keep that home fire burning!

(Not the leaves, but the romance. I think you understood. But next year, go for electronics.)

6:13 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

Jason got knives. You know, like kitchen knives? He loves them.

Oh and sheets.For our bed. HA! :)

6:59 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Isn't that funny how men like that yard stuff?? Of course we love our sewing machines!! So... to each his own!!

We just finished the Packer game. What a great game in a snowstorm. Besides we won by 22 points and no injuries.

Kristin was at the game and called at the end... hoarse and so excited! She'll be sleeping here tonight.

Hugs,
Joni

8:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is kinda funny :) But I can't say much, I got an office chair for the computer room...I asked for one, I've been sitting on a metal folding chair for far to long!

~Ann Tolbert

9:51 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

it is of course a tiny bit funny that you were out there taking pictures... i am not sure why yet, but it is funny

8:44 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

I think it's really funny! Love the progress shots!

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home