This is My "Real" Blog: Well....it's Friday


Angie's Blog!

Friday, January 11, 2008

Well....it's Friday

. . .and I don't have a lot to show for the week. A minor interruption earlier in the week has kind of thrown off my schedule. But, I did finish the afghan last night. Yippee!

We also made an important transition this week. . . we're now a "debit card" family. I know, I know, many of you have worn out 3 or 4 debit cards since their inception. And the Aubrey's . . .well, we're just now getting our debit feet wet. . . so to speak.

Man, is it liberating! Now I don't have to do the old song & dance, "Do you have the checkbook?" with Mark -- before one of us goes off gallavanting. It's pretty cool. And yes, we should have done this years ago.

I've also been back on the Weight Watchers wagon since last week. I've written stuff down every day -- except one. (see first paragraph) And, I have to say that I haven't minded this renewed attempt at disciplined eating. Most evenings, I push away from the dinner table with at least 8 points to go before bed. Those points can be spent in a variety of ways:

WW Giant Fudge Ice Cream bars only have 1 point
Yoplait Light (thick & creamy) yogurt has 2 points
100-calorie bag snacks typically have 2-3 points
Navel oranges (the big ones) have 2 points
1/2 of a big bagel has 3 points

There's always something to find. But, I have to admit that my first choice is the first option I listed. Those giant ice cream bars certainly aren't the size of your head, for goodness sake. But, they are delicious.

I really do need to get somewhere and step on a scale. I have no idea where I am at this point. I do know that the last time I bought clothing, it was a size smaller. That's good. But I think having some sort of gauge (like a weekly weigh-in) would be helpful to this type-a personality who wants to know about successes.

Edison's going to TCTC (Tennessee Christian Teen Convention) this weekend. This will be his first time. He's very excited. Our group is leaving at noon today -- and he would be joining them in "ditching" school if it weren't for the Geography Bee that he's competing in this afternoon. There's a 2nd shift crew that's leaving after school, so he won't miss out on the fun!

I'm going to a crop tonight at my friend, Cindy's house. It's been a while since I've gone cropping. I miss it. I just printed 450 pictures at Walgreens this week. So, you needn't fear. . .I have plenty of material to work with!

Well, if I'm going to make this Friday even more produtive, I need to get going. I have to go to the bank and get spending money for Edison. I need to take his "stuff" to the church so it can go to the cabin ahead of him. I need to gather my scrapping stuff for tonight. I need to wash dishes. I need to fold clothes.

I need. . .I need. . .I need. . . . to simplify.

A special note. . . to my friend, Pat (Bits & Pieces). . .Mark did a special tribute on his blog to his grandmother who lives in NY. Click on his site (top of my list) you might recognize people and/or places!
Photobucket

6 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

facebook is not a way of simplifying life, angie... IMHO, lol... neither are acronyms if yoeu dont know what they are... speaking of acronyms....what is TCTC?

10:34 AM  
Blogger Mark Aubrey said...

TCTC is the Tennessee Christian Teen Convention.

And, Angie, in order to help you simplify, I can do the dishes and fold the laundry tonight while you're out at your scrapbook cult meeting.

12:05 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

what a nice and funny husband... 2 for the price of 1...

3:32 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

which reminds me of my husband's best scrpabooking joke... whihc he heard on RCAF (Royal Canadian Air Farce)when they were doing a "news report" on scrapbookers..."why live life when you can document it?"

3:34 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

WOW Angie..you are one busy lady. Have a great weekend.

7:50 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

How in the WORLD did you go without a debit card so long? I haven't carried cash since 1994!

:)

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home