This is My "Real" Blog: Surprises!


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Surprises!

I love surprises. I had one surprise party in my life--when I was 12. Actually, I found out about it about an hour before it was supposed to happen. (It was my punishment for reading a letter at my aunt's house -- but in my defense, it was from my Grandma (her mom) and I loved reading her letters....even the ones that weren't for me)

Suddenly, it made sense why my aunt was taking me out for pizza at Pizza Hut on a Saturday afternoon. Oh well. . .you'd think that would have taught me a lesson about not being nosy. nope.

The only other notable surprise party was a bridal shower in my honor -- and Mark and Doug were instrumental in getting me to the right house at the right time. And this time, I wasn't suspicious. I felt like I was coming down with some sort of stomach bug all the way there, but I still didn't catch on. That was very special.

But, really -- I tend to be the one trying to pull off the surprises. Sometimes I do well. Other times, I fail. But, I generally DO like surprises. Caroline was a surprise. She was a very cool surprise.

Surprises today? Yeah, there were a couple. . .

One really shouldn't be a surprise to any of you reading this. Edison has just completed 30 minutes of viola practice. Hmmmmmmm, wonder where the motivation for that came from??? I don't care why. I don't care if his motives are purely selfish. He's practicing. That's really all I am concerned about.

The other surprise was work-related. I was thanked today, by the leaders of the church, for going [their terms] 'above and beyond the call' during the last quarter of last year. It was a very sweet letter. One I will cherish very much.

I am fortunate in that our church family is very supportive of our music ministry. I have a "boyfriend" that calls me "Maestro" every Sunday. He follows it with a big hug, and some little quip about how he's too old to get into trouble--or that he's fat & sassy, and loving life that way. There are other people who will compliment the music, or the musicians. That always means a lot.

But today--this came from my boss's bosses. Yep, this was from the top tier of leaders at the church, and their words meant a lot to me. [It's always nice to know when your efforts are being noticed.]

My third surprise came from my husband. It is a direct result of yesterday's post (mine). It also goes to show that idle hands can really get you into trouble. You can click the link here -- and you'll see what I mean.

I told Mark that if we showed this to Edison -- especially after dinner last night -- there might be irreparable damage to his psyche. . .but I'm kind of willing to take the risk. I know. I am evil.

So there you have it. It's Tuesday. According to a former colleague, Tuesday is the most productive day of the week. I don't know if it's true or not -- but this guy was a native South African, and his thick english accent made him sound very knowledgeable. (He may have just been blowing smoke, who knows?)

But, I've tried to be productive. I even made it to the grocery store. So, I must be doing something right. I mean. . .come on. . . my kid has practiced the viola for heaven's sake.
Photobucket

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Sounds like a winner all the way around - and that's no surprise!

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! It WAS better!!

Surprises rock, as do nice letters ;)

9:20 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

LOL! Surprise!

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home