This is My "Real" Blog: The Universe is on my Side!


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Universe is on my Side!

Today, as she passed my office, a coworker came by and told me something I've long suspected. My blog doesn't necessarily control the universe, but I have to believe it's making its mark in the cycle of life as we know it. That's right. I know from which I speak.

. . .of course, it hasn't caused Jeff Burton to win a Sprint Cup race yet. . .but I'm holding out hope!

Anyway, my friend regaled me with the story of how she arrived home the other day, turned on her computer, and was greeted by the song, "Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes." She found it especially intersting because I had told her about my blog post(s) about random 70s tunes. . .otherwise known as "oldies" by my son's generation. I weep for the future.

I know what you're thinking. . .this blog IS controlling the destiny of lives around me! Think of all that power. . . .

So, for today, let's go with one of my (literal) top ten songs. . . "Hello, It's Me" by Todd Rundgren. I cannot think of another song that brings me back to the days of AM transistor radios as quickly and completely as this song does. And to make it even better, for fans of "That 70s Show," they used this very song, and the concept of a Todd Rundgren concert for the pilot episode. It's a classic. Are you humming? I sure do hope so!
Photobucket

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Interesting. I wouldn't have associated you and Todd Rundgren. I think his remake of the Beach Boys song was a neat idea. He didn't quite copy it - I can tell the difference, even without the voices - but a cool concept.

Talking about oldies, my first remembered song is "In the year 2525", on a little black Radio Shack transistor radio. First 45 was Elton John's Rocket Man. First album was Santana's Caravanserai.

Oldies. That's me.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

You make me laugh so much Angie!

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home