This is My "Real" Blog: Caroline (Carolina) in My Mind. . . I Can't Tell You Why!


Angie's Blog!

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Caroline (Carolina) in My Mind. . . I Can't Tell You Why!

Whoa -- did you catch that? You got a two-fer. I'm giving you two songs for this entry. Tonight, I re-introduced Edison to James Taylor. PBS was doing a special of his new "One Man Band" show -- in hopes for pledges from Baby-Boomers like me. Man, that guy is talented.

As a budding guitarist, Edison was interested in determining the exact TYPE of guitar Mr. Taylor was playing. He wasn't as interested in his technique as I would have liked, but I was still glad he spent some time watching and listening.

. . of course, while they were on the commercials (pledge drives) we tooled over to VH1 Classics, where the Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" concert was playing. And yes, I do own this DVD. And yes, I did have Edison watch a few numbers by them, as well. (I was proud of my boy--when we listened to "Life in the Fast Lane," he asked us when he should cover his ears--profanity) He enjoyed watching Joe Walsh.

I personally swooned when Timothy B. Schmidt took off on "I Can't Tell You Why," and no, no, no, baby, I can't tell you why -- but that song makes me go weak in the knees. Luckily I was reclined on the couch. He's not much to look at (in my opinion) but his voice is just. . . uniquely divine. That's right. God gave him that voice -- and, therefore, I'm classifying it as "divine." (I have a sister who would heartily agree with me. . . so there!)

Oh. . .the crop? Awesome. Exhausting. Successful. Totally enjoyable.

I believe I got about 22 pages done. Please know that some were more "involved" than others. There are some pages that I am unanimously proud of. . .and others are "okay." But it's difficult when you're getting tired (12:30 a.m.) and you don't have ALL your supplies....or your comfy desk chair...or your Cathy Zielske "Simple Scrapbooks" book...or your HUGE stock of solid cardstock...or those nifty new stamps that would have made that one layout so amazing.

No, I'm not complaining. I'm just saying that I may go back and "embellish" a few pages that lacked that certain . . . something. We'll see.

The fellowship was phenomenal. I had a really great time -- and I was especially glad to spend time getting to know Laura (she's "RockNRollMama in my comments). We have sort of "known" each other at church for the last year or so. . . but we got a few really neat chances to connect over the weekend. So, that was cool.

I do have to admit that it took more out of me than I imagined. I was in bed by 10:30 last night (unheard of for me) and took a nap this afternoon, too. Bizarre. When I got up for small group -- I kept on my PJ pants and my shirt. One of our couples was missing -- and Barry and Kathy. . .well, they're like family. So, it was a great small group session tonight. We finished watching the NASCAR race. And yes, my guy -- Jeff Burton -- ended in the top 10. I will mention quietly that Edison's driver (#24) wrecked with four laps to go, and last year's CHAMPION ended in a dismal place WELL BEHIND my driver!

Final thoughts. Sunday night discoveries.

1) Homemade Cherry Turnovers. Okay. . .this recipe eluded me up until now. But, trust me, they are going to be on the horizon again (and again). Puff pastry, canned pie filling, water, and powdered sugar. Seriously -- these guys rival what you get at our grocrey store bakery (which isn't saying much). But they ROCK.

2) "Here Come the Newlyweds" New show on ABC. We watched a bit of Oprah's Big Give tonight...BECAUSE, and ONLY BECAUSE....a group with Down syndrome was featured. But the previews for the show "Here Come the Newlyweds" caught our attention. And, Dude. . . we laughed.

Seven couples. One house. Challenges (wife directs husband in driving skills -- he's blindfolded) Money. No gratuitous encounters or pole-dancing (Hello, Rock of Love???) And, it is really fun. Mark and I watched it together.

There 's a couple on there whose marriage was arranged by their parents (middle eastern descent), and a couple nicknamed "Ken & Barbie." (Gag, I'd have voted them off right away -- big teeth, and too much blonde hair) But, it's a fun concept. If you get a chance -- next Sunday night -- it has our recommendation.

So, there you have it. Another weekend has come to an end far too quickly. But, we've got an exciting week on the horizon. Meetings. Rehearsals. School. Edison's spring wilderness trip (3 days) All in all, a good week.

And, yes, there are more oldies on the horizon to be bouncing around in your head. And no, I can't tell you why!
Photobucket

9 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

22LOs! Whoa! That would have taken it out of me also! Glad the ol' square box gave you some down time...even if it was with Ken and Barbie! LOL!

12:45 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

you and jenni! wait unitl i tell her that you own the eagles DVD... the library has it on perm. loan to her, we just keep renweing it...

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great crop. Sounds like the weekend ended up great.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Ahhhhhhhhh she's finally back! Missed you! Glad you had a great weekend!

Melly :)

8:46 AM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

this weekend was great fun. stuff like that should seriously happen more often! props to you for trying to instill an appreciation for "old" music in your son. i'm trying to do the same. now he's trying to instill a bruise on my arm with his head so i must go!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

I want photos!! 22 layouts and not a photo of one of them... come on Angie!!

I watched that Newlywed show... Boyd left the room and rolled his eyes.

It was cute... I guess that's the word. I'm fascinated with the couple from India with the arranged marriage. I'm reading a book about India right now... and I want to hear more about their arranged marriage and relationship.

Off to the bookstore. I'm ready for another country.
Joni

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We watched the Big Give because Brandi Milloy (the gal who teamed with the millionaire) is a former 'Miss Sierra Vista'. She has been getting a lot of press here. She is still a part of the show.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Glad you had a good time. Glad you recovered. Glad Jeff Gordon didn't win the race, but MAN what a hit he took. Sorry, Edison.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Mr. Taylor plays Olson guitars...

http://www.olsonguitars.com/

$$$$$ and spendy too

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home