This is My "Real" Blog: My Response. . . and a Recipe


Angie's Blog!

Monday, February 18, 2008

My Response. . . and a Recipe

To those of you who are mocking my love of all things NASCAR, I say "Nyah Nyah -- Neener neener!" Which, when translated means, "nyah, nyah, neener, neener!" Need I say more?

I have admitted on this blog before that I cannot believe that I am an avid fan of NASCAR. I am the most surprised person on the planet. But as the philosopher once said: "I yam what's I yam." (And if you don't like what he has to say, he'll sock your lights out!)

Now, for the recipe. I didn't follow all the instructions, because I was trying to get these in the oven BEFORE Michael McDonald was to sing in the pre-race gala. (I made it -- and the recipe didn't suffer)

Homemade Pizza Rolls

2 pkg. crescent rolls (low fat works, too)
1 pkg. pepperoni slices
1 pkg. string cheese
Parmesan Cheese
Italian seasoning

Unroll the crescent rolls -- separate into triangles. Lay 3-4 pieces of pepperoni on each crescent - place 1/2 piece of string cheese (sliced across the "log") on top of the pepperoni. roll the crescents like you would to make dinner rolls (wide end to short end)

Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes (?). Basically, you check the package of rolls, and bake them for that amount of time.

Here's the step I skipped:

Combine 2-3 T parmeasan cheese and 2 t. italian seasoning in a separate container. Before baking the rolls, roll them in the cheese/seasoning mix.

Whether you embellish the rolls or not, bake on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.

ENJOY!!


It's a school holiday today - so we're enjoying some time together at home. Actually, I have a huge pile of work to do (both for work and for DSAG). As soon as I get Caroline down for a nap (right after Max & Ruby) I will attempt to get stuff done.

Her new trick? It's really sweet. She goes and gets my shoes, plops them at my feet, and says, "Come on, let's go to Grandma's house!" And then walks to the garage door, proclaiming, "Okay, let's go! Let's go!"

Other than the fact that neither her grandma or grandpa are home, it's hard to say "no" to her! But, since it's naptime, I think I can resist.
Photobucket

9 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

I could not agree more! My family is shocked that I can name cars and drivers of both F1 and V8! But "I am what I am"!!!!

Princess is so cute...how can you resist?

6:13 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Thanks for the recipe! I think I'll try them unadorned - they seem like they'd be less messy that way.

And I like Caroline's new trick. Does it hurt when you get wrapped around her little finger like that?? (big grin)

6:18 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

the little lady has faith, and it melts me... i think of God and us... our faith melts him

6:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Kroger has some Moz. sticks on sale at Kroger this week...low fat ones :D What makes them more fun is the cheapest ones are Disney's Incredibles!!! I may have to use some of mine to make these...I'm sure the whole fam would love them! Yummy!!!

Caroline is such a cutie! Abbie loves her to pieces!

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum, those sound good.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

I'm happy to say I 'get' the NASCAR thing. I had the race on and I was the only one watching it; Chris went fishing and I was home with the kids. They wanted to watch a movie in the living room and that was a no-no!

The munchies sound great; I'll definitely have to try those!

Love the new C-trick. Tooooooo cyuuuute.

Huges,

Melly :)

12:00 AM  
Blogger Me said...

I used to get the 'Nascar' thing but my ex burned me out on it. It was all we did day in and day out! Now I am selling all the Nascar stuff I saved. LOL!

As for the dremel...I use it on chipboard, wood, metal...The first part of March I will be updating my blog with the altered items I have been working on.

I love it!!

Thanks for the recipe!

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael McDonald? HUbby met him at Home depot a while back. They were both shopping in the electrical aisle...

What makes it funny was that hubby had no clue who he was... And I KNOW he listened to him in his younger days...

Like so many of us Nashvillians, so ignorant of stars.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Thank you so much for the recipe. So simple and I bet really tasty. I'll sent Boyd to the store later for the ingredients. They'd be so good with his homemade soup for dinner tonight.

Caroline is really putting together good sentences. A hug to her for "good talking" as we said at school.
Joni

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home