This is My "Real" Blog: Tagged. I'm it!


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tagged. I'm it!

This is a second post for today. Please read the previous one (below) for updates on the family. This one is purely for fun. I've been tagged. Lois tagged me with a book meme. I don't usually do these, but this sounded intriguing.

Here's what you do. . .

1. Pick up the nearest book ( of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people & post a comment here once you post it to your blog, so I can come see.

Then, I'll come see what you're reading. Like Lois, I'm picking people that I think are avid readers . . . we'll see what happens.

I'm tagging:

Judy, Joni, Beth, Jules, favorite brother-in-law, and Mark (my hubby). Get cracking, guys!

Here's what I found. (Remember, I'm not at my house). I went to the bookshelf in my parents' living room, closed my eyes, and pulled the first book I touched. Interesting procedure -- especially when you hear what book I touched. "The Memory Keeper's Daughter" is about a family whose lives are torn apart by a lie about a daughter born with Down syndrome in the early 60s. If you have not read this book, I give it my highest recommendation. However, I will warn you, it is hard to get through -- especially the first couple of chapters. But trust me, it's well worth it."

On page 125 (there is only a chapter heading on 123) the sentences are:

"Don't worry," Miss Throckmorton replied, "We'll take good care of him."

Miss Throckmorton was young, just out of school, dark-haired and wiry and enthusiastic. She wore a full skirt and sturdy flat sandals, and her eyes never left the groups of children playing on the field.



Happy reading!!!
Photobucket

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting!

Having a brother who has DS, I know about the blessings these people bring!

Thanks for playing! :-D)

1:19 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

What a fascinating tag! I love randomly flicking through books. Hope the drugs are kicking in and you are feeling a little better.

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a fun meme.

3:56 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

I did that once and it was just...well, wrong.

But yours was nice. :)

5:56 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

done ... hey head to the forum

6:49 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Tagback. http://awedmanor.wordpress.com/2008/02/12/ive-been-memed/

9:21 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Gee I'd love to participate in the book thingie but Dr. Seuss books are only about twenty pages. Any other books that might make it were sold in a garage sale or given away. (Or are cookbooks!)

I posted this exact post at Beth's blog too... (getting sleeeeeepy!)

Huges,

Melly :)

11:30 PM  
Blogger Mark Aubrey said...

Look here.

Mark

1:35 AM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Thanks for the book 'tag'. I'll go and do it right now before I forget.
Joni

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally, I fulfilled my tag. Thanks for tagging me :)

4:40 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Some downstream tags: http://carrotduchy.blogspot.com/2008/02/closest-book-meme.html (and the first comment)

The last comment here: http://awedmanor.wordpress.com/2008/02/12/ive-been-memed/#comments

And farther downstream from the first: http://julianamcm.blogspot.com/2008/02/closest-book-meme.html

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home