This is My "Real" Blog: Bugging Out


Angie's Blog!

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Bugging Out

We are having our bathrooms and sun room painted this week. Therefore, we are going to bug out at my parents' house for a couple of days. This times out well, because Mom and Dad are in Michigan, visiting with my sister and her family.

I realized that yesterday, February 9, marked one month since the whole roller-coaster ride began with that follow-up mammogram.

What have I walked away with during this month?

I've certainly come away from this experience believing God to be very ACTIVE and INVOLVED in my life. I am sure and calm in His presence. I am encouraged by the way that I have cried out to him, from the deepest part of my heart and soul, and know that he was listening.

I have a new sense of being part of a larger group of people. I have never felt so much love and support--and kinship as I have this past month. I am totally blown away by the friendships that sustained me. . .and for the fact that I know that those bonds are stronger because of this. But, I'm also aware that--had the results been different--those friendships would have been a literal lifeline for me. (But I'm grateful that they weren't necessary)

I love my family. I don't necessarily love them more because of this, but I know that I need to tell them on a daily basis, that I love them. I need to hug them. I need to cherish them, and let them know that they're cherished.

I am walking away from this experience grateful. Grateful for professional doctors, nurses, and health care workers who saw me as I was -- scared for my life -- and reached out to me with compassion and care. (Even Dr. McPersonality gets high marks here. His talk with Mom and Mary really put them at ease)

For those of you who see me on a regular basis (especially up front at church) you may see me getting an occasional tear in my eye during a particularly touching song. But, you may also see those same tears during a loud, raucous song (like this morning singing "My Redeemer Lives") and when you see that, realize that I am rejoicing that I've been blessed. For me, singing those victorious words just bring it even more to the surface--and I completely come undone.

But I'm here to tell you again -- and this won't be the last time I type this:

God is who He says He is
God can do what He says He can do
I am who God says I am
I can do all things through Christ
God's Word is alive and active in me

Happy Sunday, everybody! (I'll post from "the road" which really means "my office" during the day!)
Photobucket

8 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

i love you... a month? wow! some ways seems longer, others shorter... it is a privilege to go down the road with you

1:55 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

Hooray. What an inspiring post, miss Angie. Thank you!

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy things turned out how they did, but even if they didn't I would still be here. I wish that I could give you a real BIG hug.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

God is good, all the time.

And all the time, . . .

(this may be the shortest comment I've ever left on your blog!)

11:34 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

A wonderful post my friend...here! here!

3:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad it's all clear. And glad you are able to rejoice in (good) lessons learned...

Enjoy the time on the road... Take pics of the new places when they're done! I'd love to see them!

Hugs!
:-D)

2:49 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

I agree with Helen... "A wonderful post!" How do people live without faith??

And a new ring with 3 diamonds!! What a sweet treat!! I've tucked my diamonds away because my hands are in paint, gel medium, etc. etc.
I'll bring them out again someday. I'm reduced to a plain gold band at the moment.

Enjoy the time at your parents. Think of it as a mini getaway. And you'll go home to fresh paint. That's always a treat.
Enjoy!
Joni

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky you! I've tagged you for book meme....

http://lowdownfromlois.blogspot.com/2008/02/i-got-tagged.html

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home