This is My "Real" Blog: Bruised, Blown Away. . . but Blessed!!


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Bruised, Blown Away. . . but Blessed!!

Bruised
I'm home. The procedure and surgery went as good as can be expected, or so they tell me. The only disappointment I faced was that the initial wire installation procedure was done *without* any sort of pain medicine. AND. . . they were unsuccessful on the first *three* attempts. (That's right. . . four times!)

So, I'm going to be a little bruised. But, I made it through--and feel like I know one radiology assistant quite intimately. (sigh)

And no, I was NOT allowed to wear my PJ pants, like I had hoped. It was your typical hospital gown which doesn't do diddly. . . but I'm home now. . .dressed in PJs, and getting ready to hit my pillow.

Blessed
I think this one goes without saying. Yesterday, I received e-mails from Canada . . .from all 45 of Beth's kids. (Okay, she doesn't have 45 kids....but it felt like it from all the e-mails!) I also got a call from Melany, and unfortunately I wasn't home to talk to her.

A couple of ladies dropped by the church yesterday....one is a breast cancer survivor. Talking to her and sharing with another friend was so encouraging.

God is doing amazing things.

Blown Away
Listen, that nearly happened. Tennessee was hit with a line of storms last night, and into the morning. In fact, while in the "holding" area this morning, we could hear over the loudspeaker, "Thunderstorm Warning in Effect. Thunderstorm Warning in Effect."

. . . .not something you want to hear when your worldy possessions (clothes, Crocs, and underwear) are in a plastic bag somewhere outside a curtained partition. Ya know?

But, the rain today came and went. It's still pretty windy outside. But, it's warm air, so it's refreshing.

I'm most blown away by this journey. Dr. McPersonality came out and talked to my mom and aunt, who were there with me. He told them that he stands by his original thought that this tissue is nothing to be concerned about. He likened it to a "snowball rolling down a hill--getting larger and larger. .. " and I'm the beneficiary to this snowball that is rolling down said hill. (Mom said he even grinned when he talked about the snowball.)

So, I am blessed. God has brought me (nearly) through an amazing faith journey with Him. It won't be complete until that pathology report comes back on either Friday or Monday. BUT. . .the faith journey itself won't be complete until I reach heaven. And from what it sounds like today--I've still got lots of miles left to walk.

Thank you for your prayers and sweet, wonderful words of encouragement. I think what has blown me away more than anything this past couple of weeks is the EXTREME amount of love I have received from my friends and family. I am humbled by this--and brought to tears everytime I recall an encouraging word, email, phone call, or card.

God has truly blessed me through you--and I am so grateful. Shoot --- now I'm crying again! I'm going to bed!!
Photobucket

7 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

me too i am crying too but i cant go to bed i have about 45 (give or take one or two ) supper
Angie i believed God all day, then i had not heard from you, and if there were an olympics event in catastrophizing.. I could represent both countries and win gold silver and bronze... anywaiy i was worried, and i prayed more, and God assured me again, all was well, then i read your email and i cried from relief... Chuck Swindoll says the most powerful emotion is relief and i agree... Desley, jenni and I prayed this AM .... and God blew us away with the video.... later alligator

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a peaceful sleep my friend. I will talk to you later.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Good night, you slacker.

And congrats.

10:00 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

you feeling good is a good thing

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for all the extra holes. Ow.
So glad to get your email; made me feel warm and happy.

I really freaked out when I heard about the tornadoes...then I did some Googling and felt a little bit relieved.

Imagine our Angie swirling around the sky in a hospital gown!

Our prayers are working; God is good!

Love Melly :)

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to hear you're ok!

5:20 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

OH Angie...I don't know whether to smile or cry.....rest up my friend

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home