This is My "Real" Blog: How Bad Could It Be???


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

How Bad Could It Be???

This morning, when I got in the van, I had our easy-listening radio station on. The first song on the radio was Paul McCartney's "Maybe I'm Amazed," which definitely falls on my all-time Top-100 song list. That was followed by "What a Fool Believes" by the Doobie Brothers. YUM. Next? Why Sir Elton John himself. . . "Your Song." When a day begins with those three songs, it can only herald a good day.

And, Paul, Michael, and Elton were right. Great day.

Survived (or endured) a 2-hour staff meeting. That's right. TWO HOURS. Of course, this is the last of the "no-Lead-Pastor" staff meetings. We'll see what the next couple of meetings hold.

Following work, I picked up Caroline from daycare. . . headed to the grocery store. . . .picked up Edison. . . the usual.

After getting dinner on the stove (see that, Tom? I said "DINNER") I sat down and did my final homework for this week's Bible Study. Really good study. But I had no idea what was coming. . .

That's right, you would have thought that Mrs. Moore designed tonight's study session just for me. You see, she talked about miracles---and whether or not they have ceased. My favorite statement of the evening: "Without faith--there is no hope." There was also lots of talk about new covenant and old covenant. The evening (for our group) culminated in my playing a song that my singing group has sung at church in previous months. I'm adding the words tonight, because I feel like the challenge is good for me to read, see, type, and soak myself in again and again.

"Believe"
I say on Sunday how much I want revival
But then on Monday, I can't even find my Bible
Where's the power -- the power of the cross in my life?
I'm sick of playing the game of religion
I'm tired of losing my reason for living
Where's the power -- the power of the cross in my life?
I'm not content just to walk through my life
Giving in to the lies--walking in compromises
Now, we cry out--as a generation that was lost
But now is found in the power of the cross
We believe in You
We believe in the power of Your Word and Its truth
We believe in You
So we lay down our cause that our cross might be found in You
I'm not satisfied, doing it my own way
I'm not satisfied to do church, and walk away
I'm not satisfied, there's no love in my life but You
I'm not satisfied, living in yesterday's hour
I'm not satisfied, to have the form, but not the power
I'm not satisfied, Lord, I am crucified in You


(It's a really awesome song) But it drove home to me that I want to have more than "the form." I want the power. I want His power. I want His victory. I think the ladies left tonight wanting the same things. At least I pray they did.

Really, all in all, it was a good day. I mean, when you start out with Paul, Michael, and Elton, you've really got a good thing going, don't you??
Photobucket

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark Aubrey said...

I know I can't get my day started without a tall, steaming cup of Elton, with a side of Michael.

1:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was really working on a profound comment, and then Mark just TOTALLY threw me! HAHAHA!!!!

The video tonight was fantastic! There was plenty that jumped out at me as well! I need you to explain the bracelet a little more...I don't think I'm totally getting it, but then I wasn't there on the first night :)

1:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul Michael and Elton would start my day off just great.
Hopefully today(Thursday) starts off the same for you.

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home