This is My "Real" Blog: Another Day. . .Another Bracelet--EDITED!!!


Angie's Blog!

Friday, January 25, 2008

Another Day. . .Another Bracelet--EDITED!!!

That's right. Another blue bracelet courtesy of Ft. Sanders Regional Hospital in lovely downtown Knoxville, TN. I *still* maintain that God's giving me little bits of assurance through these bracelets.

So, all is well. Blood pressure was a bit up . . .but they asked if I was at all nervous. You think? I do know that I nearly froze to death. The P.A.T. (pre-admission testing) waiting room is broken in half by two sliding doors out to the parking garage/outside world. It is still far below freezing here -- so it was very, very cold as I waited to go back.

EKG is good. Bloodwork was a breeze. No chest x-ray needed. . . gosh, maybe it's because my "chest" has been photographed so many times. . . ? Anesthesia consult was fine. And, two hours later, I was on my way.

I did not get lost this afternoon. And, they even validated my parking. I know. . . it's good to be the patient, sometimes.

The only abnormality from my expectations was that the TV was set to ABC -- so I endured noise from All My Children, rather than Days of Our Lives. And, I did not take a sudoku book, but rather a new book I've started reading, "Abba's Child" by Brennan Manning. WOW. Deep stuff in this one. You'll start seeing quotes from it very, very soon. Good book.

So it's now Friday afternoon. It's cold. Caroline's just waking up from a nap. I'm getting out the PJ pants, my crocheting, and putting Max & Ruby on the TV, so that we can enjoy some lowkey snuggling this afternoon. She's still not feeling quite herself, and the benadryl she took before lunch is part of the "motivation" (cause) for her nap.

Have a wonderful, warm weekend. By the way, they're saying we're going to see snow in the morning--and hit 62 on Tuesday. No, I'm not kidding. I couldn't make this stuff up.

(here's the edited part. . .I forgot to add a signature!)

Simply Believing. . . .Angie
Photobucket

8 Comments:

Blogger Mellykat said...

62º converted to Canadian is a warm summer day... ::sigh:: (We've "warmed up" to 12.2ºF today)

Glad your rain isn't freezing anymore, and that you aren't either! Hope you had a fun, cozy afternoon in your jammies with Lady C.

Love M. :)

4:53 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

I've been a poor blogger but a good pray er. Lots and lots of prayers for Angie and my daughter Kristin.

Why the anesthesist consult? Are they putting you out??
Send me you phone number... can't find it... so we can chat.
Healing hugs,
Joni

5:03 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

hey hey ... you might find my blog comment exhcange with melany amusing or relevant

5:11 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Take care dear friend. Have a restful weekend. ps. we love Max and Ruby!! Ha!

5:12 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Brennan spoke at CCC a couple of years ago...it was cool.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Angie - You are right! This is way to close to my heart! Oh hon, I am praying for you! Your faith reminds me so much of my sister faith. My Mom just went through this and everything came out fine. My Aunt is a survivor and my cousin is a survivor. I tell my friend who has IBC everyday that God is beside her every step of the way. I am dealing with some issues with learning how to handle my nephew and the Down's, I am not very good at this so hopefully will be able to find guidance.

Hugs and Blessings my friend!

PS. It's actual -28 when left the house yesterday at 7:00 am. With windchill it was close to -50. LOL!

6:59 PM  
Blogger Me said...

The above post was sent from my phone. It would not let me sign on normally so I thought I would just give a quick...thinking of you!!

Angela
aka tylersangel

7:04 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

did melany do that? so cool!

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home