This is My "Real" Blog: Just 12 more hours. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Just 12 more hours. . . .

and it will be over. I'm not scared, really. Just ready to have it done.

Edison asked me what I was doing in the morning. I said "going to the doctor." A true statement. Too much information in this house leads to no sleep and lots of tears. (not necessarily in that order)

Church was the BOMB today!! One of our members is a student at Johnson Bible College. He was given an opportunity to preach this morning, and for his lack of practical experience, he knocked it out of the park!

Then, it was lunch (leftover pork tenderloin sandwiches) and I was off to a baby shower for my cousin, Natalie. I had never been to "that side of town" which sounds more ominous that it needs to be. We were nearly to Oak Ridge (Yes, the secret city) at this baby shower. We took a "straight route" on the way there, and the more "direct" (read: fast) route home.

Instead of going home, I went to party #2 - for our friend Brad's 50th birthday. His wife pulled off a big surprise. Everyone brought finger food rather than bring a present. I made one of my favorites. . . or should I say, "Mark pulled together" one of my favorites, and it was truly delicious. (No, not necessarily low in points, but really tasty) Here's the recipe:

Scrumptious Crab Appetizer

Soften one (1) block of cream cheese. Spread it in a thin layer on a fancy serving dish. Pour 1/2 bottle of cocktail sauce over the cream cheese. Top the cocktail sauce with one (1) can of lump crabmeat (drained).

Serve with "water" crackers. YUM.

Note: You can also use tiny shrimp for this. Imitation crabmeat will NOT suffice in this one. It has to be the real thing.

So, there you have it. Crab appetizers, a biopsy in the morning, and the Green Bay Packers are playing for the championship.

I'm off to put on PJs and slippers (it's COLD here) and get a little sewing done while I watch the game.

More tomorrow. . . . .

p.s. I wore my blue bracelet today. I wore it, like all my bracelets and/or watches on my left wrist. I was informed tonight--at the birthday party--that it's supposed to go on my right hand.

My bad. It's moved.
Photobucket

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's go Packers!!
Praying for you!

8:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm praying too! And seriously, if you feel like you need a release over coffee or hot chocolate (or tea), let me know...I'm here!

***HUGS***

9:58 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

We'll be praying for you.

10:40 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

and in Canada there is praying going on... and i think down under, right? oh my, the Lord has arranged for a globe to rpay for you ... you must be his favorite!!!
coast to coast hemisphere to hemisphere...

10:49 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

and one last thought, mine is still on my left i keep meaning to move it

10:50 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I don't suppose you'll see this before your procedure, but I am thinking about you and have prayed for you already.
Why does it matter which wrist you wear your bracelet on? xx

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying for you.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Praying for you here too Angie... and sorry about the Packers. Go Pats!

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home