This is My "Real" Blog: Living With Plan "B"


Angie's Blog!

Friday, January 18, 2008

Living With Plan "B"

Two days ago, I posted about being happy and confident because Dr. Brinner was my hero! He's still a pretty hilarious doctor, but he's been outvoted.

I go Monday morning for a core biopsy. Sucks.

This morning, I was reminded of a scripture that was very significant to me in the months leading up to us getting pregnant with Caroline. Edison was 8 years old, and I had NO intention of that huge gap being between my kids. After sinking into (some form of) depression over not having any more kids, I got smacked between the eyes with this scripture from Habakkuk. (I know, I don't read that book very often, either!)

Habakkuk 3:17-18 says:

"Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior."

And when I remembered the joy and confidence that scripture gave me, I was reminded that God's word is the same yesterday, today, and forever. The scripture that gave me hope and contentment five years ago is the same scripture I'm clinging to (for dear life) today.

And, it really isn't that bleak. . . I still have some facts on my side:

1) Whatever this "thing" is. . .hasn't changed in six months
2) One radiologist thought it was nothing last summer
3) A surgeon I truly trust thinks it's nothing
4) My internist saw the results -- and sent me to a surgeon first
5) I am the daughter of a SURVIVOR, not a victim
6) I have a Savior who loves me -- and He's holding onto me.

So, even though we're opting for Plan "B" I feel like it will be allright. Really, I do.
Photobucket

8 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

all i coeuld think of, was plan "B" B for Better... I know I sound sappy, and I am crying as I type because I dont want you to think I am dealing in platitudes,,, you are too precious to me, i would never resort to platitudes, bercause with something so important to me, I need something real, what did peter or paul say? if we are believing in cleverly devised fables then we are pretty pathetic...something like that..anyway for this i need something real to hang on... and I thought B is for better... and i dont know how it will be better, but i feel it, i believe it...

2:58 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i wrote about you (and mark)

2:58 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Re: number 6 - you saved the best for last. Hang on.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

we'll be praying up here...

9:22 AM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Remember that a lot of doctors will protect themselves against malpractice by having 'complete as possible' tests. They have to cover themselves.

My prayers are with you and I will be in the with you in spirit and prayers.
Love,
Joni

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sent you an e-mail. You are in my prayers now and always.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Dear sweet Angie.....all shall be well. Lots of love and best wishes from downunder!!

1:24 AM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

Oh honey, you'll be okay. I just know it.

(((((hugs)))))

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home