This is My "Real" Blog: Br-r-r-r-r!!!


Angie's Blog!

Friday, January 25, 2008

Br-r-r-r-r!!!

I know that at least two of my readers are from areas that are NORTH of here. . . even north of the border (and NO, I don't mean the Mason-Dixon line). But, may I just say that it is COLD here today? When Mark went to take Edison to school, it was around 14 degrees, with a windchill of a single-digit. (I didn't ask which one) So, for us transplanted southerners, it is cold outside.

I was so looking forward to a day at home with nothing to do - and no place to go. But let's be honest, that's not my life, is it? Nope.

So, at noon, I head downtown for my pre-surgical visit. I swear when I called yesterday to confirm the appointment, I recognized the voice of the woman I talked to from this summer's hernia adventure. It's entirely possible that the same sweet lady will be there to greet me when I get there. I think I took Sudoku puzzles with me in June. I will either take more Sudoki (plural spelling?) or some crocheting to do. I know there's a TV in the lobby. Last time, my appointment was at 3 p.m. -- so I got to watch Dr. Phil (joy). Today, I have to be there at 1 p.m., so I'm guessing that I'll be watching "Days of Our Lives" or some other mind-rotting soap opera. (See why I'm taking my sudoku with me?)

Of course, if this were a visit to Children's Hospital (soooooo glad it's not) the mind-rotting SpongeBob SquarePants would be on TV, so I guess I can stomach a few minutes of the feuding families of Salem. (Forgive me, Grandma Knowles used to watch Days when I was a kid)

There's really no other news. Caroline must be mourning the passing of the Christmas season, because the past two days, she has begged to watch the Wiggles Christmas DVD. And sadly, it's the original DVD, rather than the newer "Santa's Rockin'" DVD that we also own. On the newer one, John Fogerty makes an appearance, as does Barry Williams (swoon. . .Greg Brady). No, this DVD that we're currently watching was one of their very early productions. They all are about 7 years younger, and the musical quality is lacking. Oh well. . . .it's precious hearing "Away in a Manger" and "Wiggly Wiggly Christmas" while I type away. (Really, it is! No, I mean it!)

I'm trying to figure out what my next quilting/sewing project is going to be. I've got the materials to make myself another rag quilt -- that way we would have two in the living room. But, I'd like to make the curtains for my bedroom. I'd also like to start working on curtains for my soon-to-be painted sun room. You want to talk about a cold room? It's not insulated. Brrrrrrr!!

There's also a table runner for my new table on the horizon. As well as toilet tank runners for my bathrooms when they are done being painted. AND. . . I've gotten material to make Caroline about 5 or 6 dresses for this spring. So you see, I have plenty to do. . . .and I haven't even begun to talk about the 450 pictures I printed at Walgreens a couple weeks ago -- that need to go in scrapbooks.

So, in my "simplify" life, there's lots to do. Hopefully, keeping my hands, fingers, eyes, and ears busy will keep my mind in a good place.

One last thought (Gee, ever heard me say that before??):

I'm going to combine the idea of "I'm (still) Believing God" with my theme word for the year "Simplify" Here's what I've come up with -- and I hope to remember to close each blog entry with it. . .I think I like it:

Simply Believing. . . .
Angie
Photobucket

6 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

i love it!

10:16 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

you make me alugh so much... you completely take my mind of the fact that my friend has this huge trial in her life, and I wish that I coeuld be there to hand out with her... go back to the blog, I added something to my siggie

11:04 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

and I know we are protecting the sensibilites of your son, but these sign in things are getting longer and longer, soon I will have to use the audio one, or get amagnifying glass :)

11:06 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

gee willakers (i looked that up to makes ure I spelled it right)my typos are dreadful, I meant to type "hang out with her"

11:12 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

Sorry to hear you have to back for a little more fun at the hospital, we're thinking of you up here.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

oh sweet Angie..you keep those little fingers busy. Don't let that mind of yours play tricks!

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home