This is My "Real" Blog: God Has a Sense of Style. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Monday, January 21, 2008

God Has a Sense of Style. . . .





And man, oh man, I'm believing in a big way! God, in his INFINITE wisdom was truly with me every step of the way today. Right down to my ID bracelet. It's BLUE. For those of you who are wondering about the blue bracelet - I explained it in an earlier post. The right/left wrist thing. . . I have to check into that. I've heard that Beth Moore specifically said to wear it on my (our) right wrist(s).

But, just the fact that God cared about me in my scared state -- to make this crazy ID bracelet blue....just to remind me that He's faithful, and that I'm believing HIM. Well, that was just the icing on the cake.

I have just arrived home from "the procedure." This was probably one of the most humiliating procedures I have undergone in a long time. Basically, there's a hole in the middle of an exam table--and you place (drop) the suspicious body part that needs to be probed. Add hydraulics and a mammogram machine. You do the math, or the physics, as it were. There was anesthesia, so that helped.

20 minutes and who-knows-how-many-thousands-of-dollars later, I was sprung. I am "icing" the affected area, and am not allowed to pick up anything over five pounds until tomorrow.

So, my crocheting is light - and I'm going to try to make some headway with the latest project. I finished Edison's quilt last night. Call it nervous energy. It's not quite big enough for him -- he's growing quite quickly. But, for now, it will keep him warm while he's laying on his bed. One of these days, I'll make another one for him. Here's a picture . . .and after that, I'm headed to bed for a couple hours.



Posted by Picasa
Photobucket

10 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

my thought on the quilt,,, add an extension as he grows, just keep adding rows to the bottom...and then when he marroes add columns, man i am clever when i am relieved... which i am in a big way

1:35 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

I am sooooo glad that your procedure is over for you. I'll pray for good results and a healthy Angie.

I absolutely love Edison's quilt. It looks so warm and cozy and the colors are great. Good work, mom!!

Pray for Boyd who had tests and is off to the Kidney doctor. He has 30% use of his kidneys.

Kristin has a lump removed from next to her collar bone on Wednesday. A girl friend is going with her. I would like to be there but she's so convinced it's nothing. I'll just pace at home.

My friend Lisa has cervical cancer and is having surgery at the end of the week.

Lots of praying to do!!

Off to put on warmer clothes. It's freezing again.
Love you,
Joni

1:55 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Glad it is all over Angie and you are snug at home. Love the quilt! Take care!

4:05 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Thankful that the procedure is over and you're home! That quilt is gorgeous!

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the quilt.
I am glad the procedure is over. I'll keep praying that all will be well. Take one thing at a time.

4:57 PM  
Blogger *Heather said...

Your quilts are just so gorgeous Angie! Love them so much. :) And I hope you are feeling better soon from your procedure quickly. :)

9:40 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Me, too. What they said.

And I mean it.

11:42 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i am worrying ooops mean praying :) so you dont have to.... seriously, I am praying and wishing a fast speedy daiy that has many God Stops along the way

11:11 AM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

The blue bracelet choked me up a little bit.

(hugs)

4:47 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Gorgeous quilt!
A blue bracelet on each arm! Does that get you extra points in the study? ;)
Thinking of you TONS,
Love Melly :)

2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home