This is My "Real" Blog: Just Another Manic Monday


Angie's Blog!

Monday, January 28, 2008

Just Another Manic Monday

". . . wish it was Sunday. . . oh oh, 'cause that's my fun day. . . but it's just another manic Monday."

But no, it's not Sunday. It's Monday. State-of-the-Union Monday. And, although I have supported GW in the past. . . I'm not looking forward to this year's State of the Union address. In fact, my wonderful husband got me the DVD series for "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip," for Christmas. I'm going to watch a couple episodes tonight, and blow off the State. . Union speech.

Now, back in our homeschool days. . . ? I'd keep Edison up, and make him watch it. We called it History. This year, it's in that twilight time just before his official bedtime, so I'm going to let him brush his teeth, and read the HP book he's currently reading, and call it a night.

Me? Other than watching Studio 60, I'm going to continue working on the quilt project I started last night. That's right -- I said I actually did some quilting last night!!

And no, it is NOT one of the aforementioned projects in a previous post. This is a wall quilt for my kitchen. There's a blank space behind the table (looking in from the living room) and it needs something. So, I've started a "sticks & stones" project with shades of blue and gold and tan. I got the stones blocks done last night. It will be 5 (squares) by 5 (squares). Each block is 6" - and then there'll be some sort of border. I really like it, so far. I like the gold fabric so much, I'm going to run on my lunch hour and pick up another yard at our local quilt shop (just around the corner from the church -- literally) for a table runner.

I went searching on the web for a picture of the sticks & stones pattern. What I found is that many, many quilts go by that name. Then, I found someone who is making the same quilt from the same pattern. Here's a picture that will give you some idea:





In my version, the red square in the middle of the "stone" blocks is actually dark blue, and the fabric around it is a light gold with a (very busy) black "stitching" pattern on it. Then, the "sticks" blocks are a tan strip, a medium blue patterned strip, and a dark blue gingham. I think it's going to go allright. This particular example is more of a "Log Cabin" feel, but I think it's going to be quite nice when she gets it done. (looking back at her blog, she posted this a year ago. . .unless she quilts like me, she's probably already finished it)

So, there it goes. I did a little quilting last night. I need to do some more.
I cooked a chicken for lunch yesterday -- made chicken salad and homemade chicken stock with the leftovers. (Look out, Becky Homecky!)
Tonight, I think it will be a basic dinner-- maybe hot dogs. How pathetic is that?
After dinner (Sorry Tom, I nearly typed supper!) it will be back to the sewing table.

Oh, and for those of you who have been wondering. . . .our church did indeed elect a new lead pastor yesterday. And we are GLAD. Very, very glad. He and his wife will arrive in town on Friday. He's preaching Sunday.

God is good.
Photobucket

9 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

we really liked studio 60 when it was on and now if katherine finds out you have the dvd series ..she will be bugging me...

2:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have GOT to go get a rotary cutter!!! And then I need to get that pattern from you :) Like I need more projects to add to my list! haha!!!! But I did promise my lil Diva a quilt, so I'd better get on it!

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your quilt when it is done. I have started a quilt, (I'm not much of a quilter). My goal this year is to finish it, we'll see if that happens.
Have a good sewing night.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

I can't tell you how much I loooove your added banner on the bottom of your blogs. I hope you keep that going... it's so perfect for you!

I meant to call you Sunday and got totally distracted shopping with Boyd. Will catch you soon. What day is your appointment??
Hugs,
Joni

6:55 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

...union speech. LMAO. Glad you finished THAT sentence!

So Mrs. Suzy Q. Homemaker, way to go! Can't wait to come and visit the new house. But by the time THAT ever happens, you'll probably be living in another one. Or a nursing home. ::Sigh::

Huges,

Melly :)

8:20 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Guys seem to have a totally different focus than other people (being rather non-specific here). Congrats on having an official new boss!

And thanks for dropping the Captcha. I understand the reason for having it, but I selfishly like its absence.

11:16 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

come see me please!

4:25 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

and i am with Steve, and glad he said it first...

4:26 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Home schooling - yikes! For how long? Love the quilt job...remember to take a picture when it is up!

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home