This is My "Real" Blog: Eighty


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Eighty

. . .yep, that's what the Regions Bank thermometer said. The First Tennessee Bank a block earlier said 73. I say split the difference at 76. Yikes. Can you say the flu will be rampant (again) in a few weeks?!

Probably not going to post again tonight. . . I have to be in bed early for tomorrow's adventure. But here are a couple thoughts going in:

1) I've received calls and visits, and e-mails from friends and family that I cherish with the assurance that things will be fine. One call came from my friend who is a surgical nurse at MY hospital. She assisted in my hernia surgery, but cannot be with me tomorrow. She has talked to the team for tomorrow (except for Dr. McPersonality) and has told them that one of their upcoming patients is a friend of hers. I don't think I'll get extra special treatment. . .but it just feels good to know. Ya know?

2) I have received such assurance from the Believing God study we're doing. I don't have to fear the future. God's already there. He's holding it. He goes before me, and as the scripture says, "He's the lifter of my head."

3) At this time tomorrow, it will be done. I'll be sleeping (or at least resting) here at home. I'll still have to wait for the results of the tests, but I'll be done with the technical part.

Other than that, I ran errands this afternoon, voted in the primary, and have two rehearsals tonight. My life is full. My plate is full. My heart is full.

And, for these things, and much more, I am eternally grateful.
Photobucket

10 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

angie, i want to be there int he am holding your hand, i know you have plenty of people to do that, but still...... I am rapying for yoeu to know that you are God's favorite and that he is giving you extra special treatment.
who is leading the study tomorrow night? and will you be able to see session 4 soon?
it is hard for me to let go now... i have so much i want to say

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trustung for God's very best for you!! Claiming all of His wonderful promises for you and Mark. Will talk to you soon.
Love you!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

I'll be praying...

D

7:11 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Prayers in progress.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.Try to behave yourself. Hope to hear from you soon.

Hugs,
Pat

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be praying and thinking of you. I wish I could be there too to hold your hand.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Tried to call you but I figured you'd be at choir practice...but might I say that O.M.G. you and your mother sound alike on the phone!!!

Sorry I didn't get to talk to you but I wanted to wish you many blessings tomorrow and to let you know "I Say A Little Prayer For Yooooooooou" (imagine it as Dionne's voice...certainly not mine).

Love you!

Melly :)

12:00 AM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Oh and by the way I just about barfed when I saw your 80ยบ...we're back to the deep-freeze once again. We nearly warmed up to the freezing point on the weekend, got a dump of snow and now it's brrrrrrrrrrr again!!!

1:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Angie,
I left something for you on my blog.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

Prayers sent.

80? gees, it was 27 yesterday and I had to unzip my jacket!

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home