This is My "Real" Blog: Pakkarosie


Angie's Blog!

Friday, February 01, 2008

Pakkarosie

No, I haven't joined some bizarre cult. This is not my "new name" for the group.

No. . . it's my daughter's way of saying, "Mommy, will you do Ring Around the Rosies" with me?

So. . .I thought a little levity might be in order.

Just now, she comes to me,

"Mommy?"
"Yes?"
"Dup?" (as she's putting on her socks & attempting her shoes)
"What?"
"Go to dup?"
I think and offer: "You want to go to my job?"
"No. Dup."
The light comes on. "You want to go to the dump?"
"OKAY!" (in her light, whimsical voice)
"No, we're not going to the dump."
"Okay, Mommy. Go. . . shoes. . . .trip?"
"You want to go on a trip?"
"OKAY!" (again with the sweet, melodious voice)
"No, we're not going on a trip."
"Okay, Mommy. mumble, mumble. . . .washeeton?"
"You want to go to Washington?"
"OKAY. Let's go!"


So, if I disappear for a while. . .say a week or so, it's because my daughter wants to go on a trip to the dump and to Washington." (And, in some people's minds, that would be a visit and re-visit)

Anybody else up for the ride?
Photobucket

12 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

arent you the clever one? i want to go with... to either or both

1:25 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

how are mark and edison doing?

1:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hilarious!!! Your 3 year old and my 3 year old must be in cahoots, because my 3 year old likes to manipulate conversations like that too!!! Only it's usually to Target or Wal Mart...but I like her way of thinking!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

That is hilarious! Drew likes to declare. "We will go to a hotel with a swimming pool tomorrow." a few moments later and after the confirming silence, "Right mommy?"

2:22 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Brilliant...and just too darn cute! You HAVE to scrap this so as to always remember...puh-lease! I will do it for you!

6:01 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Road trip!!

12:21 AM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Have a great trip! Love the pakkarosie...we have a few songs like that too!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

P.S. Sorry about all the barf...it must have migrated south.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

That's sooooooo cute!!! Add a picture to the conversation and you'll have a great layout.
Hugs,
Joni

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how cute is that.
I am trying to play blog catch up here.
I hope everyone is on the mend. Yikes!! Sounds like it is busy in many ways at your house.

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun road trip. I'll bring balogna sandwiches and twinkies...You bring Caroline and we'll all have some fun!

ooooookkkaaaaay!

9:59 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Oh if you are going to take a road trip you might as well come up here! We would love to have you! I love those 'little' conversations. And yes they need to be scrapped!!

It's great to have a computer again and to be able to start to catch up with everyone.

Blessings,

Angela

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home