This is My "Real" Blog: 1:00 and all's well!


Angie's Blog!

Thursday, January 31, 2008

1:00 and all's well!

It's 1:00 p.m. on Thursday afternoon.

I have taken a shower, dressed, and put on makeup (phew!)
I have run the dishes through the dishwasher.
I have stripped the bed, and the sheets are in the dryer.
I folded one load of laundry.
I have washed the bathroom rugs*
I have taken lunch to my sweet husband (and my boyfriend)**
I have picked up punch-out letters for Edison's science fair project
I have exchanged a pair of jeans that were too small for Edison
I have puchased the entire inventory of Walmart (sorta)***
I have made a homemade quesadilla with Weight Watchers cheese (tasty)
I have figured out what I'm making for dinner tonight

. . .and it's just 1:00.

Disclaimers:

*I have a friend that gets grossed out by bathmats that need to be washed. So, she just throws them out, and buys new ones. Not me -- I love the feel of a freshly-washed and dried bathmat. So soft and fluffy and warm (especially right out of the dryer)

**Mark, bless his heart, took Caroline to the bus this morning, and went straight to work from there. In his rush, he didn't grab a lunch. On my way to Walmart, I offered to bring him lunch. He had me bring in the chicken & noodles from last night (YUM -- but too much starch for me). I took both portions, and he said he'd share them with Chucklehead (one of his co-workers is my pretend boyfriend). Really, he "loves" on me everytime he sees me. He even tells me when I look hot. . .or maybe it's my earrings that look hot. Regardless, he's great for my ego. . .and he gives great hugs, too.

***Included in this marathon trip to Walmart are: Valentines & treats for Caroline's classes, a $5 pedometer (because Ann inspired me) a new walking video (may be a duplication of one I have), new flannel (baby prints) for burp cloths, new rotary cutter blades (mine are dull), and new socks for me. There was a lot more, but who gets excited about peanut butter and distilled water. . . . other than my favorite brother in law??

Happy Thursday, everyone!! I'm going to try and vaccuum the house and swish out a few toilets before it's time to go get Caroline.
Photobucket

11 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

your list puts mine to shame - rock on, Angie!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

And I thought I was the Queen of lists! You put me to shame! Well done!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Woohoo! I got a passing reference! Gotta tell the folks back home.

Well, wait. They probably already know.

And a slight clarification - the distilled water is for your favorite sister-in-law. Well, she;s the main consumer. I still do get excited. I passed on buying some at Kroger because it was too expensive. So I have taste plus frugality.

Well, wait. It's distilled. So that's no taste, plus frugality.

6:27 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

I'm so glad it's Thursday!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

About that walking video: doesn't the TV get kind of heavy, or do you have it on a cart with wheels?

9:17 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i loved this post, i came to it too late in the day... you bless me to bits

10:41 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

I am about to post, any second now... i love asterisks... so much

10:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yea for the pedometer! I set mine for 3000 steps just to see if I came anywhere close. Tonight was the first time I've left the house to do any extensive walking...McKay's and Wal Mart...so I came close today! How's that walking video?


*Is that Dan Calhoun up there posting about heavy TVs??? It sounds like his humor! :D

10:54 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Crap Howdy girl!

Sounds like you are leading a simple life!

11:53 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Mamachef,
I'm not Dan Calhoun. I'm a friend of Mark's from way back in high school in AZ. I got to meet Angie and Edison when I lived in TN for a time, a couple hours away from them.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Mamachef. . . to add to the running commentary here. . . Dan C and Dan M would get along. Similar senses of humor.

Interesting deduction, though.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home