This is My "Real" Blog: Easy, Breezy, Beautiful. . .Bronchitis


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Easy, Breezy, Beautiful. . .Bronchitis

That's right. I brought home a souvenir from the hospital.

I have been coughing so hard the past couple of days, I scare my children. I don't think I actually scared Edison, but this morning, as I took him to school, he covered his ears during a particularly long coughing spell. Caroline, on the other hand? Scared of me.

Actually, she gets this little pouty face, and then hugs me and says, "Mommy feel better?" Makes me want to cry. Especially when I realized that I'm terrifying her to her very core.

. . . it also makes me so thankful for an "all clear" last week. I don't think I need to go any further with thoughts like that. But I think you see where my mind has gone the past couple of weeks. So glad to not be going down that road. . .for myself, and for my family.

So. . I'm home from the office today. They all banished me. In fact, I could smell the Lysol when I got into the office from the doctor--and I'm sure Christine laid another heavy dose of it on every horizontal surface when I left. I wasn't offended. In fact, I was grateful, because when I get over this, I don't want it back!

I'm knee-deep in Buddy Walk sponsorship solicitation, and other planning. I have faxes to send, and letters to write. But, right now, I'm enjoying the quiet of my mom's house. It's nearly 60 degrees outside. That's right--I said SIXTY! It's a very breezy day, and since they live on a farm, with a grove of trees behind their house, it's very still and quiet -- except for the wind. If the weather holds out (and stays dry) I will probably let Caroline and Edison play outside when I pick them up from school.

In the meantime, I have have more e-mails to send, and a service to plan for Sunday. I've also got a Beth Moore video to watch and SKADS of homework to do.

Oh, and did I mention that my daughter has TWO Valentine parties this week? One is tomorrow, the other falls on the actual day. I have valentine cards to sign -- Dora the Explorer, of course. And, joy of joys, we get to decorate our first Valentine Shoe Box sometime between now and Thursday morning.

It really will be fun. But for now, I've got to go back to the house and get my camera.

Thanking God for Drugs. . . . . .(the prescription kind)!!
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

i want to be there with you i love my cold freezing country...but the weather you are having reminds me so much of the day Jenni was born... that weather means Christmas, babies and all things good... feel better, love you

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel better soon...

just wait until you're 45 and have bronchitis... You'll be coughing AND crossing your legs...(if you catch my drift)...now that's scary!

Chicken noodle soup cures all...hugs, too!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Thanks for the tag. I just posted a few minutes ago but will post yours tomorrow. It really sounds like fun. I've been reading a lot lately and just started Water for Elephants. I'll use that manana!

So sorry you're sick. Typical of a hospital... more germs than any place else. But as rotten as you feel and sound, isn't it wonderful to know "this too shall pass".
Heaing hugs,
Joni

2:06 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

OH Angie..I am so sorry to hear you are unwell....I think maybe your body is releasing all that built up worry from previously. As to Valentine's Day...what goes on in the Big US of A????? Parties? Shoe boxes? You will have to explain that one to me some time. Take care!

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, sorry to hear you are sick.
Thanks for the tag, I have it up.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home