This is My "Real" Blog: Before. . . and After (Oh, and a new dress, too!)


Angie's Blog!

Friday, February 15, 2008

Before. . . and After (Oh, and a new dress, too!)

Last week, while shopping for a new engagement ring (hee) I found this dress for Caroline at Belk's. This, my friends, was one of those deals you just couldn't walk away from. . . so I didn't. The dress was originally priced at $21. I paid (with tax) $4.03. I love it. She looks so cute in it. I just wish we had stripey tights and some brown suede boots or Mary Janes to wear with it!


Now, some before pictures of the bathrooms and sun room. . .
Kids' bathroom before and after:

Sunroom before (note the changes in the ceiling):


Master bathroom before (two shots):


. . .and after:






What is my overall plan for the future of these rooms?

Kids' bathroom: Bright white and bright blue. The towel bars, shower curtain rods & hangers, and fixtures will be shiny silver. I have three framed prints that Mark's mom gave us from an artist in NY. They are "Lake-y" pictures. . .and will go in there. We also have an original "Shaffer" watercolor which is a lake scene. It will go in there. My two newest Yankee candle votive holders (vintage blue with cornflowers) will go in there, as will a framed picture of the kids. I love blue and white -- this bathroom will celebrate that. I have a bright white waffle weave shower curtain which will go up when the paint has fully cured. Until then, we're all using see-through shower curtain liners for the time being.

Our bathroom: This is where I want to really celebrate all things primitive. Colors I will use are red, beige, tan, khaki, (a little) black, and mustard. (Maybe a bit of sage, too). I have one of my samplers that I've created to go in there. There's another Shaffer watercolor (grains of wheat) that will go in there. It will "marry" nicely with our bedroom (red & tan) and even though the wall color is light (sourdough) the darker, richer colors of the towels I haven't bought yet, will deepen the look of the room. (Oh, and a primitive wallpaper border isn't out of the question. . .fair warning, Mark!)

Sunroom: This is kind of a work in progress. I still need to paint the exterior door, as well as the french doors (both sides). This is where my scrapbooking stuff is going to live. It's also where I'd like to have a "reading area" complete with a loveseat of some kind. BUT, it also needs to house some of Caroline's extra big toys that don't fit in her room.

So, for right now, it's a source of external light. We need to install vertical blinds in there, as well as some sort of curtains (I'm thinking a simple valance suspended by some sort of shelf unit I have my dad build for me). Just lightening it up by painting the ceiling made a HUGE difference in that area. So, I'm looking forward to actually *working* out there one of these days.

There you have it. . . our (not-so-extreme) home makeover. It just feels good to have that behind us.
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger Yummers! said...

The photos didn't open on my computer so I'll have to come back later to see if they open then.

On the narrative... you mentioned the pictures on the walls. I worked in an art gallery for several years before returning to teaching. With lots of steam in a bathroom you need to be careful about how the picture is framed, sealed, and backed. Especially with watercolors, stitchery, etc.
You might want to take them to a framing shop and ask before hanging.
JONI

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm desperate for the after pics!

4:48 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Can't wait to see the after shots....reality blogging with Angie...wonderful!

Have a great weekend my friend.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

There are brown faux suede boots on a clearance table out in front of the shoe section at Wal Mart right now...they have some of the faux fur around the top...if you've seen Abbie's boots, they are just like those. Too stinkin' cute! :D

6:42 PM  
Blogger Me said...

I can't see the after pictures!!! Sheesh...you really do like the cliff hangers!! LOL!

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home