This is My "Real" Blog: Sprinkles, Strawberries and Dancing Princesses


Angie's Blog!

Friday, February 15, 2008

Sprinkles, Strawberries and Dancing Princesses

I know, I know. . .two posts in one day. But they are so different in focus. Please be kind, and look at the previous post as well. It includes house pictures!!

Here are a few shots from our Valentine's Day celebration:

1) Decorating and eating cupcakes. I'm sorry, "Puh-cakes" is the literal pronunciation.





Presents from Arizona, cards from Ohio, and a couple things from the East Tennessee Valentine's Fairy were at each person's dinner setting:

Edison's place:
My place setting (and a handy new carrying case for all my scrapbooking & card-making stuff):

I think this goes without explanation:

Mark's place setting. (For the record, his card included a gift card to Barnes & Noble, so. . .)

And, of course, there were chocolate-dipped strawberries. And no, they do NOT factor low on the Weight Watcher's point scale. But, it's one day a year. . .I'm begging you. . . .



And what self-respecting Princess Bear doesn't perform a dance for her new adoptive family? I mean, the nerve!!






Last thing, and I'll stop. Really, I will. Had my follow-up visit with Dr. McPersonality this morning. He checked all things out, and had me get dressed and leave within 4 minutes. I have to see him in a year, following a routine mammogram. That's it.

. . .And yes, if you must know, I did walk out of his office humming "Touch me in the morning, and then just walk away. . ." and I was grinning from ear to ear.
Photobucket

9 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Apparently we're both speechless! Neat pix.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Such cute photos of Caroline and her cupcake creations. What a cutie! Presents at the dinnertable... a great tradition that your kids will carry through to their grown up lives.

I love traditions and I love seeing my daughters doing so many of the things I did with them and my mom did with me.

I had a terrible night's sleep after eating several Valentine cupcakes that Boyd bought for me.
I've gotten away from that sweet stuff and it made me ill. But I love, love, love cupcakes!!!
Joni

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pictures are so precious of Caroline.
I love the presents on everyones plates, that is a great idea.
Valentine's Day comes only once a year, enjoy it. I had a huge piece of carrot cake at the Cheesecake Factory last night. Yum.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Jeannette said...

Happy belated VD, honey pot! :-)

5:10 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Aaawwww...Princess and her Bear! Too cute. Thanks for the pics....LOVE to see them. Looks like you all had a fun day

5:44 PM  
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

Okay, now I'm hungry for some "Puh-Cakes".

Blessings.

9:59 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

oh would have given just about anything to have been there decorating with her.... whoops that would have meant giving up my own valentine celebration, snacking on the couch with emily and talking to you.... but then In coeuld have celebrated the DR appt with you and that would have been treeeee-mendous

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad it was a great day.

You made me laugh out loud at the end...singing that song...you're soooo funny!

:-D)

3:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Caroline was concentrating on that one cupcake pretty hard! I can just imagine a picture shortly after that one with icing and sprinkles on her nose :D My daughter would have been the same way!

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home