This is My "Real" Blog: Fabric Softener


Angie's Blog!

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Fabric Softener

Seriously. Is there anything that smells better? I'm sure there is. . .bread baking. . . roses. . . chocolate chip cookies. But tonight, it's the smell of fabric softener -- DOWNY fabric softener, specifically -- that's making me smile.

Our "gig" today went well. We even got paid. Whoo-hoo.

I even did a bit of outlet shopping. That's a rarity for me. I am not a mall-shopper. In fact, if I have my way, this year, all my gifts will be either: 1) handmade, or 2) bought online.

But, we made it into Gymboree....and yes, the princess DOES have a new dress (and navy blue hairbows to match). We also visited Old Navy - where she got three new shirts ($4 each) and the kitchen store . . .where I got a teflon-safe pair of tongs, so I can cook like Rachael Ray. Oh, and I went to Bath & Body Works for some of that cool foaming soap. I got "Moonlight Path" and "Vanilla." YUM.

When I got home, Mark had hung the new shower curtain in the kids' bathroom. One new towel rack is up -- and the next should go up tomorrow. Next it will be bathrugs (new ones) and new towels. I cannot wait.

But, right now, I'm just happy to be home, sniffing Downy.
Photobucket

12 Comments:

Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

have you ever got a whiff of victoria's secret's laundry soap and dryer sheets? now THERE'S a smell worth inhaling deeply. i ration mine out!

but nothing, in my mind, trumps the smell of a freshly bathed/lotioned baby. that is one of THE biggest things i think i'll miss in years to come when the baby days are long gone.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Angie, don't get busted for sniffing too much of that "Downy". It would set a bad example for the kids . . .

12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with rock 'n roll momma, there is nothing better than smelling babies.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

That is one of my all-time favourite smells. Mmmm. And the drinkable equivalent to it is Bailey's Irish Cream.

Oooooooh I might just go put some in my FVC right NOW!

Huges,

Melly :)

12:31 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Oh wait...it's not even noon. Can I borrow your time zone for a minute? hee.

M :)

12:32 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

You mentioned you were going to see Vantage Point on Friday. What did you think?? We went Sat. afternoon and thought it was good. Not excellent, but good. It kept my attention!! The ratings were not good but I still liked it. I don't know what prices are like in Tenn. but they're high here. $30. for a matinee and 1 popcorn and 2 diet cokes. My daughter laughs because in Chicago they are sky-high.

I was reading Mark's blog... I do now and then. Tell him we love all the old Hitchcocks and '39 Steps' is one of our favorites, too. I haven't watched it in awhile but maybe I'll pull it out this afternoon. Pre Academy awards time. Although 'Michael Clayton' is up for 8 awards and is on Pay-per-view today.

Joni
PS I agree about the great jammie invention. I hate to get dressed!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

I forgot...
I've read the Diane Mott Davidson books and if you liked them, you'll enjoy Joanne Fluke. It's held my interest and yummy recipes. I'm almost through with it and haven't figured out who the killer is. And such a nice break between heavier books.
Joni

12:50 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

I'm back again to answer your question on my blog. I was told to read the Coc. Chip Cookie Murder first as it was her 1st book and does fill you in on the characters, setting, etc. I'm anxious to get the 2nd in the series and see what's happening with the characters. But I hate to run errands on the weekend as I can go during the week to uncrowded stores. Anyway... I'm working on tomorrow's blog.
Have a great rest-of-the-day.
Joni

3:01 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Always comes down to the simple things in life.....I could not agree more!

10:40 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i did read the whole blog, promise... but i will focus my comment on the comment section ... i have told you before that i love diane mott davidson's books... melinda basically learned to cook with those books... and at chirstmas i make the reaspberry coffeecake from the first book. i have so many memories attached to the various books... at the time emily was born, we were always making those monster cinnamon buns, etc... I cannot let go of the dream of being a caterer from my home....

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love the fragrance of Downey - I wish I could get it here:).

(thanks for your prayers recently - xo)

7:25 PM  
Blogger McQty said...

SOOO You love you some downy smell?? I have a good friend that makes candles and one of my favs that I have been using this week is her Downy candle. I love her candles because she puts extra scents in it and it lasts forever. I love the downy one.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home