This is My "Real" Blog: Love Grows Where my Rosemary Goes. . .


Angie's Blog!

Monday, February 25, 2008

Love Grows Where my Rosemary Goes. . .

. . .Helen, there's nothing cryptic about this title at all. It's the song running through my head this morning. Where did it come from? Here's my theory. . .

I have just read through my blogroll. Seriously. I read them all . . . don't go check your sitemeter. Trust me. But, it took me nearly an hour to read through everything. And yes, I *am* at the office! If anyone (besides Mark, of course) knew how much time my job encroaches into my *out of office* life, they wouldn't question this one bit. Anyway, I just read the blogs listed to the right (not the sites, but the blogs). I haven't visited some of the sites (CM, DSAG, etc.) in a while. That will have to wait for another morning.

But what blew my mind was that it took nearly an hour to read (and comment) on these blogs! I cannot get over how this list has grown. . . and there are a couple that are missing. (Katherine, I need to put yours on there!) And, there are a couple of blogs that are password protected. I don't put them out here (to the right) because I wouldn't want to frustrate you -- you know, be a blogtease, and all.

But, this list has grown from the initial 4 or 5 blogs that I started reading when I first began blogging, to how ever many are there now. And, I just got that song in my head over the idea of friendships growing. . .and you know love grows. . . come on, those of you over 35 are humming it, too. (Admit it!)

There's not a whole lot to report from the Aubrey household. We *tried* to enjoy the NASCAR race yesterday, but they were delayed (multiple times) by rain. Seriously, we spent more time watching NASCAR get in 75 laps yesterday than we did the entire Daytona 500. But, I think I realized yesterday what I enjoy so much about NASCAR. The people. The drivers. The crew chiefs. The families that travel around with them. The commentators (the Fox guys, especially). I love it all.

There are people who claim that it is not a sport, per se. Maybe it's not a physical challenge in the same way as, say, the UT Men's Basketball team (which is #1 in the nation right now) but there are still physical challenge. If you don't believe me, go hop in your car, and drive 500 miles. Go on, do it. Get in your car--oh, did I mention, if you have to . . .er, well. . . let's say use the ladies room??? You can't.

Oh, and if you get hungry. You can't eat. Thirsty? There's a tube. Oh, and you need to drive your car as fast as you can. And, just for fun, let's put 42 other cars with you -- and let's reduce you to four or five city blocks. You can only turn left, and your tires will be treadless.

It's a sport. There's danger. There are rules. There is competition.

I cannot believe I just spent 5 minutes justifying NASCAR as a sport. But hey, it was a fun exercise in debating skills that I haven't used lately. . . .so, all that to say, we watched race coverage from 2 p.m. until 10 p.m. No, I'm not kidding. We (or *I*) did. I'd do it again.



Oh, and did I mention that as soon as Caroline saw the race track, and heard the engines roaring, she said, "Go. . . . Jeff. . . Burton!" (that is MY girl!)

I did manage to make a really delicious dinner last night (was that good terminology, Tom?) and I'm happy to share my *recipe* with you. I made a turkey breast. It was the moistest turkey breast in the history of turkey breast making. Wanna know how I did it?


Two words: crock.pot.

That's right. . . you get that handy crockpot out, and put your turkey breast (bone in) down in it. You salt & pepper the meat, and then you cover it with a can of Campbell's Cream of Chicken soup (we used the reduced fat kind). Mark added about 1/4 can of water, to rinse out the can.

That's it.

Bake it for a loooooooooooooong time. When it's done, and you attempt to pull the meat out, the bones literally fall apart. Meat comes off in chunks. You take a little of the cooking juice and ladle it over the meat. You will be happy.

So, I guess that's it for this Monday morning. Nothing earth-shattering. I've justified the existence of NASCAR (like it was in question) and I've shared a time-saving, healthy, delicious dinner idea.

. . . and I got a song running through your head. Oh, did you forget? Let me remind you:

"Because love grows. . .where my Rosemary goes, and nobody knows. . . like me!"
Photobucket

10 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

I have had music running through my head lately too! It doesn't take me that long to go read my short little list but I never seem to find the time. LOL! Had my mamogram on Thursday!! Waiting for results again!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

that crazy race managed to bump OUR shows off the air last nite. hmph! we are not nascar-holics in this house, so it was quite disappointing to pop the tape in the vcr (po' folks TiVo) and have nothing good to watch (in our opinion). that turkey sounds yummy though!

3:52 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

So I fit into the over 35 category and I am certainly humming away! LOL! Love this blog entry and feel very privileged to be on "the list"!! You don't have to justify racing cars being a sport to us! Our racers were very happy that the weather was kind to them on the weekend, for otherwise they would be in a sweat box! But Ford won and we are Holden people. You know what Katie loves about cars the most??? The head bopping music that comes on in the ad breaks! Ha!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No NASCAR justification here either! Hey, they train and practice too! And have you ever seen what the pit crews go thru to prepare? They do weight training and such to be on their 'A' game! (I watched a video with one of my suite mates in college :D )

Caleb was ticked that Carl Edwards won! He says "Oh, I still like him, I just wanted Jeff Gordon to win!" How a Gordon fan ended up in our family is beyond my comprehension!

PS...I finally updated my blog! Are you proud??? I've been on serious blogging drought lately...don't know WHAT'S been wrong with me!

9:55 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Angie, you're cruel. Infecting us with a song virus. Unfair.

Now I'm going to have to repair the damage. Like a bridge over troubled water.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Sarah at SmallWorld said...

Hi Angie:
I saw your comment over at Ann's blog and thought, "Hmm, I wonder if that's Angie Knowles, or whatever, Aubrey" and it is! So, hi! You have a beautiful blog!
Sarah Small

10:46 PM  
Blogger Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Your turkey sounded wonderful.Must try that.I think the people involved in Nascar make it fun to watch too. So prefer it to Formula 1...which is all we could get while living in Africa.Yuk!No color whatsoever.

12:39 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i have big thoughts i really do, but i also have a house of throwing up people... so i cannot comment on much except that i am hungry and i plan to escape and get myself a turkey breast and a can of soup, and a Mark to make it... i sort of wrote about you so come over and approve or edit

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. My blogroll is getting so big that I can't visit everyone everyday and then get anything done around here, let alone add a new puppy into the mix.
The recipe looks good, and I like the two words "Crock Pot".

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll be over at six o'clock tomorrow for turkey leftovers...LOL!

Now I'll be singing that dang song all night...thanks!
:-D)

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home