This is My "Real" Blog: Then Why Can't I Paint You. . .?


Angie's Blog!

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Then Why Can't I Paint You. . .?

Humming yet? Today's post is just going to be pictures and captions. Recently, I told my friend Helen that Edison had grown out of his need to play with Legos. I forgot he had this kit. It's amazing what being grounded from television will bring out in a teenage boy!




Yes, this is a Dora the Explorer backpack. It's sitting here. . .within reach of my left arm. Why, pray tell, is it not with Caroline at school today? Why, that's because Caroline is not AT school today? Why?



We had snow. Yesterday. Mark blogged about it. You can see it there. It's nearly gone today. Sigh.

So, what does a 3-year old little girl do on a snow day (when there's no snow) and no big brother to play with? Why she steps on bubblewrap, tears an envelope, and finds a Bic black pen. Who needs Toys 'r Us? There's an Office Depot in town.

And this? This is where I'm getting my energy and hope today.

Tomorrow evening (4:45 p.m.) my buddy Kathy is picking me up and we're going to a 24-hour crop with our friend Cindy. I am one happy, happy girl. I spent a couple hours last night -- getting photos sorted out, and deciding which stickers. . .alphas. . . ribbons. . . and embellishments I had to take with me. This was not an easy task -- but so far, so good. I am really looking forward to this--but, I have to admit that I scrap better when I'm by myself.

A few years ago, my friend Stephanie was given a 2-night stay at a local hotel by her husband. The purpose? Getting caught up on her scrapbooking. I could SO get into something like that. I remember feeling sorry for her husband -- because the kids wound up with a snow day while she was away. (I seem to remember them "visiting" her at the hotel, and going swimming) But, I've always thought that I would enjoy the solitude, as well as the uniterrupted time to scrap.

Because it's a social "thing" tomorrow night, I can't be anti-social. But, I am going to be a woman on a mission. Kathy said the same thing (sorta) because she's not only got a lot of pictures to scrap, she's working on a limited timetable. She's got a baby coming in a few months, and that turns your personal scrapbooking word upside down. (Trust me, Kathy -- you ain't seen nothing yet!)

One last picture--I just took it a minute ago. Beth, this one's for you!!


Is she a "blue bracelet" girl in training, or what??
Photobucket

8 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Oh I so need to get some scrapping done. I have all kinds of photos that I just found that really need to be in albums! Love the pictures! It is amazing what kids will find to do with no T.V. We don't watch much T.V. at home. It was beautiful here Tuesday (in the 20's) so Tyler spent the afternoon playing in the snow. Love the blue braclet!!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Nana said...

Angie, it goes without saying that I always love your comments on Edison and Caroline, the two most wonderful children on the planet!! You must e-mail me these photos. Have fun at Cindy's

1:03 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

please dont make me start wearing a pink hat too... it will not look the same on me as it does on the princess....

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is too cute.
It doesn't matter how old boys get they'll still play with anything. My "Big" boys were playing with blocks about a month ago, making towers and things. HeHe..to bad I didn't get a picture of it.
Oh, I could use a few days away just to sew. Have fun, maybe I sould take up scrapbooking.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

This is FABULOUS!! I gotta try blogging like this! What fun....had me scrolling down the page very quickly. The last photo of the Princess and her hat.....gorgeous. And Edison back into his lego...look at that!!! I dare not show Hugh that truck/car!!! YIKES! LOL

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to scrapbook - but I've never had the patience for it. And then my mind wonders where the heck I'd keep all the scrapbooks when they're done.

Nice photo of Caroline - she's a cutie:)!

5:40 AM  
Blogger Karin's Korner said...

What a beautiful little girl, your family is truly blessed.

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet photo of Caroline. A true beauty! Just love the added touch of the bangle bracelet. It makes the outfit!

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home