This is My "Real" Blog: Leaving. . .in 48 hours


Angie's Blog!

Monday, May 19, 2008

Leaving. . .in 48 hours

Yep, that's me.

I'm leaving in. . in a Caravan
Don't know when I'll be back again. . . (that's not true)

All my pics are packed, I'm ready to go.
Scrapbook supplies outside my door
Already I'm so lonesome, I could cry. . . .

Okay. So maybe I'm not so lonesome I could cry.

But, I am starting to get a little excited about Wednesday afternoon - Friday morning. That's right. It's like solitary summer sleepaway camp for TWO nights. I'm still pinching myself. Last night, I finished sorting out pictures to get them ready for scrapbooking purposes. Such an excitement I find. (Sorry, Yoda talk)

Anyway, I was sorting pictures, and getting them chronologically organized. (Yes, I am a chrono-scrapper!) Many SBers don't subscribe to that notion. But, I started that way, and I'm just OCD enough to not change directions mid-stream.

So. . . . taking it all in. . . I have one photo box FULL of pictures of Caroline's life events (from Fall '06 until recently) and a half of a photo box of family pictures (from 1/07 - until now). So, I've got plenty to work on to keep me busy. I think I'm actually going to only take the Caroline pictures and try to get them caught up. There's enough variety in those pictures (Buddy walk, school, therapies, birthdays - 2 of them, and Christmas) that I shouldn't get too bored.

Tonight, after our DSAG meeting, I am going to start packing the SB supplies to be ready to go. It's becoming very real.

Like I said, I'm really getting excited about this. The longest "stretch" of scrapbooking I've ever done has been about 10 hours -- at a NSD 'marathon' session. We're talking nearly two whole days!! I'm excited to see what I accomplish. And, of course, Edison has been helping me plan my "snacks" for the road. Such a fun kid.

So, any fun stories to wrap this up? I can't think of any. . . . none that can top last week's physical story, at least.

I will, however, give a little "shout out" to my son -- who worked in the sound booth at church yesterday morning. He did a great job. He kept up with the song slides, and even managed to get the words on the back wall for the choir during their song. It was actually a very "frantic" morning -- with lots of "dog & pony show" stuff going on. So, I'm really proud of him.

Oh, speaking of dogs, ponies, and other portions of God's creation that don't necessarily stand upright. . . Mark dispatched one of the rodent 'types' to its eternal reward last night. I was in our room, sorting pictures, and he came in (Mark, not the mouse). And, he said, "I don't want you to worry -- but I think we have a mouse."

We indeed did have a mouse.
We no longer have a mouse.

Need I say more?
Photobucket

6 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Way to go, Edison!

Way to go, Mark!

Way to go away, Angie!!

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a great time. I really loved the physical story, I keep chuckling about it.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Jennilu said...

Sounds like a fun trip, even though I don't scrapbook. Maybe, I should try a trip like that sometime. I would do alright until mealtime. I hate eating in restaurants by myself. Now, if I was in a hotel with roomservice, all would be o.k.

I will miss you while your gone.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Cooksalot said...

Have fun and your scrap camp.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Have a GREAT time!

2:49 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

so jealous... i am... ohhhhhh, i am indeed *sighs* angie? *whines* what if i need you?

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home