This is My "Real" Blog: The Slurps of Summer


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

The Slurps of Summer

. . .are green apple flavored around here.

A new Shaved Ice place opened here in our little "town" a few months ago. They make what they call "New Orleans" style shaved ice -- which you have flavored. It's quite tasty. I've had the blackberry, orange, and have tasted strawberry.

However. . . they have a granny smith apple flavor, which calls out to me every time I drive past the place. They also can "create" a sour cherry flavor. . . so I'll be stopping by at least two more times in the next couple of weeks. . . for research, of course.

And, when they're closed, or inaccessible, I can always go to Sonic for a Green Apple slush. We now have a Sonic in Seymour. . with a drive-thru. You don't even have to pull into one of those "car-hop" stalls. Amazing. And, oh so sweet -- especially from 2 -4 p.m., when all fountain drinks and slushes are half price.

I needed to mail a letter tonight, so of course, a stop at Sonic just made sense. They're right across the street from the Post Office. Tonight's selection was a medium "Green Apple Slush with Cranberry flavor." Hello Ocean Spray. . . ? This is amazing.

I'm assuming that some of you want an update on Caroline. She's some better. She was up for a couple hours in the night last night. Mark got up with her. He's amazing. I truly don't deserve such a wonderful husband like him. As I type this, he's helping me make rehearsal CDs for Music Camp next week.

The process, unfortunately, is not going as smoothly as one might hope. So, his "brownie point" total keeps getting higher and higher. I even made brownies today -- so I hope he eats one or two--he certainly deserves them.

So, back to the wee one. . . she has a follow-up visit with her pediatrician tomorrow morning (hospital mandate) and we'll see. She's been very puny today -- tired, cranky, crying at the drop of a hat. . .you know. She still feels like crap. Can't say that I blame her.

So, that's about it for our Wednesday. With church being "out" for the summer, it's kinda nice having two or three nights in a row -- without something to do. Of course, with camp on the horizon next week, I'm staying plenty busy.

Have a great Thursday -- I'll be sure and check in with you all!
Photobucket

8 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

What a guy, that DH of yours.

Glad to hear of C's recovery.

And up here in Porkopolis, they call it "Hawaiian" shaved ice. I guess it depends on how exotic you have to make it sound . . .

1:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad C's on the mend - poor little mite.

And - uhm - research. Yes. Of course. That's very important;).

3:54 AM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

i had no clue, up until now, that new orleans HAD a style of shaved ice.

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The next time we see a Sonic I will have to try a Green Apple Slush. I sure hope Caroline starts to feel better soon. Poor baby.

9:15 AM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

Your husband ROCKS! Tell him That Chick said so!

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY for cool summer treats!!!!

Glad to hear that missdoodlebug is getter better by the day!

Hugs!!!!
:-D)

3:34 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i miss sonic soooo much, lucky you, sne you an email, want a photo of our little girl please

10:11 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Hope the Princess gets a little better each and every day

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home