This is My "Real" Blog: And the punch line goes like this. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Monday, June 02, 2008

And the punch line goes like this. . . .

. . . those semi-cool parents were more "semi" than they thought.

They took their daughter (not very happy, mind you) to the ER at 4:30 in the morning. She was admitted to the hospital at 8 a.m., and is currently (Monday evening) still in residence at the very hospital that this determined-yet-misguided set of parents wanted to avoid.

Seriously. Caroline's fine. She had a rough, rough night. After being admitted to the ER, we learned that the medicines we had arranged for her might have helped, but it was the "bandaid on a broken arm" kind of thing. Great thought, bad application.

She received six (6) breathing treatments from 5:15 a.m. until noon. At that point they decided to stop the breathing treatments for fear of her body "rebounding" and responding with more severe croup symptoms. They gave her another steroid dose (through an IV) and a beautiful, delicious dose of benadryl (again via IV) and she slept ALL AFTERNOON.

Mark came home and slept (some) this afternoon, and I am home tonight, with Edison. I will go back in the morning (unless I am summoned sooner).

As always, prayers are appreciated. The Princess is winning hearts left and right at the hospital, and telling every nurse and orderly "thank you" when they check her vital signs.

OH.......and I have the greatest news of all......

We got a call this morning, with the news that the couple Mark and I met with a few months back (thanks for praying, by the way) gave birth to their baby girl yesterday. She was 8 weeks early -- so she's only 3 lbs or so. She's in the NICU (two floors above Caroline). Tomorrow morning, as I go to the hospital, I will drop off a baby afghan on her floor (the clean one) before going to Caroline's floor (the germy one!)

I don't know her name -- but I know God does, and we'd all appreciate prayers for this precious little girl. She does have some heart issues, but the doctors have said that they most likely won't have to be addressed until she's 6 months old. Isn't that great news? It made my day.

God is sooooooo good! Now, I'm off to bed. . . after a few more emails. : )
Photobucket

8 Comments:

Blogger Jennilu said...

I hate to hear that Caroline is sick. We will keep her in our prayers. Thinking of you!

10:31 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Prayers all the way around.

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers are going up for Caroline and all the new babies you have mentioned and for all their loved ones.

Nancy W.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

Praying for all of you.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

i hope you all can get out of that germy hospital in a hurry!!!

12:07 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

So glad to hear that Caroline is on the mend with the good doctors at Childrens. I bet she's winning hearts just that beautiful face would do that.

It's also great to hear that that beautiful little girl has been born, although early she is certainly a blessing to her parents. It is wonderful news that they believe they can wait until she gets bigger and stronger to do anything with correcting the heart issue.

Hope Caroline is home soon.

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugs, thoughts, and prayers my friend.

8:12 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

Oh my goodness! Poor little Caroline.

I'll say a prayer for the baby. I know how it feels to have a little three pound baby. Not fun.

(And I'm behind on my reading...as usual!)

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home