This is My "Real" Blog: NEXT Saturday!!


Angie's Blog!

Saturday, May 24, 2008

NEXT Saturday!!

I'm living for next Saturday. Wanna know why??

Our church is holding a rummage sale where all the proceeds go to missions. I am using this event (as are many of my friends) as the "2nd Annual Aubrey Clean-Out" event.

There is still one-half of our garage that cannot be accessed. That is going to change this week. We still may not be able to park Mark's car in it by June 1, but we'll be closer. I swear it's true.

Today's going to be an interesting day.

Mark's off to the farm to get Dad's truck. We have some yard "junk" to clear away, and a pressure washer to pick up. The sidewalks and driveway are gonna get "spiffed" up today --as is the trim and siding on the house. One drawback from living near so many trees is the "gunk" that builds up over time. We're going to remove some of the biological experiment that's growing on the gutters around the house, as well as remove the "stuff" that's taken residence on the sidewalks. Edison is going to get to operate the pressure washer, so he's excited. I'm nervous that he'll take off a toe, or something. But, he's growing up -- and can handle some more responsibility.

Just last night, he reminded me that he'll be eligible to drive in 2.5 years. I nearly fainted. Of course, he told me this after Caroline's closing program for her Mother's Day Out. (Where, by the way, I realized -- again -- that she'll be entering Kindergarten in a year and half) What is going on here? How is it that time is moving so fast, and I'm still plodding along at 35 mph??

After a few hours of home maintenance junk, Mark and I are off to one of our local hospitals to meet with a family whose baby (born 2 wks ago) has Down syndrome. The family had pre-natal testing done, and everything came back clear. So, this is a bit devastating to them. The baby has cardiac issues, which to me, is more difficult than the Ds diagnosis.

Mark said when he called to set up the appointment yesterday, he congratulated the mom (first thing) on the birth of her baby girl. She got choked up and said he was the first person to do that in two weeks.

My friends. . . this has got to stop!

The message of devastation to new parents with a child with Down syndrome has somehow got to be seasoned with joy, hope, and promise. And, as time goes by, I realize that's what God made Caroline for. . . and that's why He gave her to Mark, Edison, and me.

Yep -- it's humbling. But, it's also exciting. . .just depends on how you choose to look at it.


I'm choosing promise. I'm choosing joy. I'm choosing opportunity.

What are you choosing today??
Photobucket

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

If y'all think it would help, I would LOVE to send a congrats card to this family! I can't believe that no one would congratulate them!!! That's just stunning to me! Anyway....let me know!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

wow, i didn't realize that people could be so inconsiderate! geez :-(

oh, and ann and i have decided that we're supremely jealous of your little get-away. what did you have to do to go about obtaining such a blessing?!

12:00 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:21 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

Please give your friends my personal congratulations. And a big old sloppy wet kiss, if you'd like.

I would give Jason's left testicle to have a baby like Caroline. Anyone who can't see a blessing like that? Well, I feel sad for them.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Jennilu said...

It is unfortunate that the unexpectedness of the baby's condition has robbed this family of the happiness they should be experiencing at this time. Hopefully, by them getting to meet with you and Mark they will be able to regain the proper perspective and again be able to see the blessing and gift that they have been given from God. You and Mark are doing a wonderful thing for this family and I am quite sure with the support of your family and other families with Down's Syndrome children they will be just fine. I think you and Mark have found your calling.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Prayers and blessings on both families.

11:46 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

ah, angie.... you know my thoughts i think... i love you

10:44 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

oh my Angie....I am choosing to keep reading this blog for the timely and heart felt journaling.

ps. Edison driving - dear me!

10:52 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Wow. Amazing how easily people forget about the miracle of life.
I'm so glad they have you two (AND CAROLINE!) to remind them of it!
Love you!
Melly :)

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home