This is My "Real" Blog: Outta Here!


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Outta Here!

A few years back, I read "Ladder of Years" by Anne Tyler about a woman who just up and leaves her husband and children. She assumes a new identity, and begins working and living in another city. I was drawn to this book -- not because I *ever* wanted to leave Mark or my kids. . . but by the notion of a woman just LEAVING. And, reinventing herself. Always kind of mystified me.

I'm still perplexed by it. . . guess it's 'cause I'm heading out. But I'm coming home. (You can start humming that Daughtrey song, if you must)

I thought I was posting my last blog entry last night, but reading Beth's recent post, and Judy's. . and so on and so on. . .made me want to leave one more entry before hitting the road.

So this is me .... outta here.
I hope to post lots of pictures of successful scrapbook layouts on Friday afternoon.

. . .after I take my kids out to lunch, of course. And, after I go by and hug & kiss my wonderful husband at work.

Buh-bye!

OH. . . in that book? She does eventually come back to her family. If you've never read any Anne Tyler books, I would recommend her as an author. My recommendation? Begin with "Breathing Lessons," or "The Accidental Tourist."
Photobucket

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like an interesting book. I'll have to check it out.
Again have a great time.

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE Anne Tyler. I'd never read her until college, and she was on Mrs. Isle's summer reading list. I read everything she had written and have since, although I haven't yet read her latest. Have a great trip!

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never heard of Anne Tyler...

Sorry I haven't commented much lately --- things are a little hectic;).

Hope you have a safe and great trip!! xo

3:58 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Love Anne Tyler....can't wait 'til Friday...enjoy!

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a wonderful trip and an more "awesomer" homecoming!

Hugs!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Heather J. said...

Have too much fun.
Can't wait to see the new layouts!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I love Searching For Caleb. And the Accidental Tourist, of course. One of my favourite films too, but only on the strength of the book!
You will be back soon, so I hope you had a terrific, creative, and restorative time!
And if you're still feeling a bit like an old bat, my Penny (who is now a prefect!) will be in Year 11 in September (I think that's 10th grade?), so just now I'm feeling older and battier!! xx

5:12 AM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Love Anne Tyler, too.

Have a wonderful get-away scrapping weekend! Can't wait to see all your creations when you return. Post them all!! We want to see them!!
Hugs,
Joni

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home