This is My "Real" Blog: I Was Right. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Friday, May 23, 2008

I Was Right. . . .

It was just what I needed.

Two days of scrapbooking was good for my soul. I completed 32 pages. Some of those were 2-page layouts. But, the fourth installment (book) of Caroline's scrapbooks is done. I'll need to order a new coverset to begin the 5th one. (Well, actually, I've got the filler pages. . .so I don't have to wait to get started.)

I have a couple of memorable layouts that I need to photograph and put on here. Ironically (or not so) they were both done later in the evenings. Both are "scraplifts" from magazines (so glad I took them!) and both are layouts I wouldn't have come up with on my own. . .ever!

Being away from my family was hard. And NO, I did NOT make a thousand phone calls. In fact, I talked to Edison & Mark Thursday morning, and then didn't talk to them again until bedtime on Thursday evening. (That was the night I thought I'd be the loneliest)

I never actually felt lonely but certainly was glad to see everyone this morning, when I arrived home. In fact, I opened the garage door, pulled the van inside, and as I got out of the van, I could hear Caroline squealing through the door -- and she was right there -- waiting for me.

So, that part was cool.

Oh, and scrapping while listening to my mp3 player may just become a way of life. Kinda anti-social, but so wonderful.

I listened to (in no particular order): The Eagles, Toto, Michael McDonald (2 albums), The Doobie Brothers, Steely Dan. . .basically the list I mentioned in a previous post. It was great. And, because my room was at the end of a long hall, and I didn't notice anyone else around, I felt perfectly comfortable singing along with the mp3 player.

So, there you have it. And me. I'm back. I need to do some laundry, make a "thank you" gift for Caroline's teacher (MDO) and photograph some layouts . . .because the masses will want to see them.

One last thing. You should always listen to me. I know things. Even when I don't realize it, I know things.















(keep scrolling -- I know, it irritates me when people do this. But I want to build suspense)











He won the award I thought he would win.



It took me about an hour to stop feeling like the worst mother in the world. I kept reminding myself that it was an award for Christian character. . .and that he had so much Christ-like attributes that surely he would forgive me.

Yeah, I'm Mother of the Year!
Photobucket

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He'll forgive you.
I'm so glad you had a wonderful weekend. Wow, you got a lot accomplished.
I remember going to visit my sister in Minnesota and when I came home I don't know who was more excited me or the kids. :)

4:07 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Welcome back, kid!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Jennilu said...

Welcome back. We missed you. I almost came by your house tonight. I had to drop by the Art Lady's house to pick up an order. Hee Hee

11:33 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Welcome back....glad you made the most of it

10:51 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

OMGTHIRTYTWOPAGES.
Sounds like a blast!
I'm just working on my first page on the laptop using Christy's new kit. So far so good.
Glad you had a good getaway!
Love Melly :)

1:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

32 pages????? You are amazing. I bow to you!!!

WTG Edison...that is AWESOME!

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home