This is My "Real" Blog: Feeling Vegetationally Vindicated


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Feeling Vegetationally Vindicated

. . . or something bizarre like that. Today was a good day. I've said that before in the past couple of months, but this time I mean it gastronomically. As many of you know, if you've read this blog long enough, I have been trying off and on for the past year or so, to lose weight. (More "off" than "on" lately!)

It's funny, there has not been a Sunday in the past two months where someone hasn't stopped me and asked what I'm doing -- because it looks like I'm still losing weight. I swear I'm not. Seriously. I have fallen off the wagon, or gotten back on. I can never get that right.

But today. . . well, today was different.

This morning began with NO breakfast, which I know is a mortal sin.

It happened because I was in too much of a rush to eat. We were having our pictures taken at work today -- head shots for promo stuff, website, etc. So, I needed to spend every last second leading up to work making sure I didn't look like crap.

Of course, having sleep apnea, I'm greeted every morning by a reflection with "strap marks" on my two cheeks. Yeah, it's like bed-head and bed face meet tight knee-hi stockings. . .only it's ON YOUR FACE.

I believe that Cover Girl and I were able to take care of "strap face" before it was time for pictures. My hair actually cooperated. . .which is odd. I'm due (if not overdue) for a haircut -- so it was really a gamble.

But, these things all aligned themselves, and I was able to get out the door looking halfway pleasant. I guess my pictures turned out. We'll see in a couple of days.

. . . but THAT wasn't what I was writing about. I was confessing to omitting breakfast. Sorry, I got distracted there.

At lunchtime, I had to take Edison out to lunch because he'd been helping out getting set up for the annual Church Rummage Sale this weekend. He's working again tomorrow, as am I. . .and there I go again, off on a tangent. Lunch. Lunch. LUNCH.

So, lunch was at Wendy's -- because, quite honestly, the drive-thru at McDonald's was wrapped around the building, and the parking lot was full. I prefer their caesar salad to just about anyone's, but we didn't have that much time.

We opted for Wendy's. I had their new grilled chicken wrap thing, and a caesar side salad. Edison had ordered bacon on his burger, and didn't get it -- so I gave him the bacon bits off of my salad. I know. I'm a giver.

After we got done at church, I went to the grocery store. I was aiming for fresh fruit & veggies. I really was wanting to get back on track. So, once I got home, I was all about getting supper made.

Unfortunately, it was hotdogs. But, I can easily stop at just one. I loathe hot dogs. . .unless they're cooked on the grill. These were, and two of them were what we affectionately call "Hiroshima" dogs. (Burned beyond recognition) That's just how I like 'em. So, I had one for supper and a small helping of kettle chips. (A girl needs her potassium, dude.)

Dessert? Yes, I had dessert. And it rocked.

I made the boys (and Caroline -- who didn't like it) a fresh blueberry crisp. I had some frozen berries and a pint of fresh, big juicy berries that NEEDED to be used up. Little sugar, flour, oatmeal, butter, and brown sugar, and VOILA!!!! We had dessert.

Me? I made myself a miniature crisp with 1 c. of berries, splenda, flour, oatmeal, diet butter, and brown sugar splenda.

One word: ohmygoodnessthatwasamazing.

What? It's one word.

So why did I say vegetationally vindicated? Well, that would be the snack I just consumed. Normally, I would go for chex mix, peanuts, cheese crackers (or just one of those).

But tonight? Carrots. Broccoli. Low-fat Dill Dip. Yeah, I'm feeling mighty proud of myself right now. And, kinda healthy, too. Go figure.

. . .and yes, Beth. . . I have been drinking water today. (of the Crystal Light variety) That was another thing I'd forsaken for a long time. I've had three full-size glasses this evening.

Yep. . . it's gonna be a long night.
Photobucket

8 Comments:

Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

if there's one thing we can count on in life, it's that wendy's can booger up any order you throw their way! hehehe!

as for your dessert....i am drooling. you've got me missing my mom's tasty blueberry APPLE crisp. i have the recipe, you might just have spurred me on ;-)

10:59 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

There was a Wendy's down in Tucson that I went to a few times, many years ago, where every time I ordered my burger with cheese, I got it with mustard instead. I know mustard and cheese are the same color, but really, there's no excuse for making that kind of mistake, and especially for making it more than once.

Needless to say, I didn't go to that Wendy's very often.

12:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are on a roll here. I haven't had Crystal Light in a long time. Do you have a recipe for the crisp that you made for yourself? That sounds good.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Angie - giver of advice (now I know I'll need to buy cover Girl if I ever get strap face) and recipes (you can't turn down Judy).

And have a funamazingreallyfantastic weekend

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for veggies! I need to prep my veggies so I actually grab them instead of all the other stuff I consume daily. Off to drink water - you have inspired me.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

You can take just about anything and all "crisp" to it, and good gravy, it's delicious.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Way to go Angie! Great start to getting back on track, but you have to eat breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Good for you! We don't have Wendy's here...used to. ps. sleep apnea...wow! I thought Katie had that a year back.

Have a great weekend Angie..Friday arvo here :)

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home