This is My "Real" Blog: Just another day in the life. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Just another day in the life. . . .

I never think of myself as a fool. I could say that today is "MY" day. . .but I don't really think of myself as a fool.

Okay, sometimes I do.
And sometimes I wish I was more of a fool.
Other times, not so much.

I've got a very limited amount of time on here because I've got to get the house straightened up and dinner prepared for company tonight. Yes, I said "company" tonight.

One of Edison's former Sunday School teachers and favorite people is in town with her husband and three (3) kids. The last time I saw her, I was pregnant with Caroline, and she had a brand, new baby. So, tonight will be fun.

She was a student at Johnson Bible College when we met Kayla Joy. She was, and still is, a beautiful young lady -- a wonderful singer, and a (now) a great mom! She taught the 1st & 2nd grade classes when Edison was in 2nd grade, I believe. He loved her. And she loved him.

So much so...? He was the ring bearer in her wedding in 2002.

Then she moved away. . . to Oregon. Now she lives in Indiana, which is much closer.

But this week, their family is staying in a cabin in Sevierville -- tonight, they're having dinner at OUR house. She can't wait to meet Caroline -- and I can't wait to see her again.

So, in between running to the grocery store and cleaning the house, I thought I'd put a quick blog post up. . . probably won't be back until later tonight, if at all.

Oh? What's for dinner?

Grilled hamburgers & hot dogs on our new grill. Mark wrote a post about it. She's a beauty. Here's the link to his post (which includes a picture!) It will be an easy dinner because I'm in "easy dinner mode" for the next couple of weeks.

So, for now -- it's farewell. We're going to take lots of pictures tonight, and I'll be sure and post them when I get a chance. What? I will.

I promise. . . .
Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

at least let us get a bigger version of the FB photo, k? and we are still a month away at least from grilling outdoors... i am getting in the mood though!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

How'd it go? Good times? Or did you get to meet some nice firemen when the grill decided to "explore its boundaries"?

9:23 AM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

i went to JBC with her...although i doubt she'd remember me. i wasn't part of the "cool" crowd, therefore i assume that anyone was was has no need to remember my name or face. hahaha!

12:49 AM  
Anonymous Judy said...

Jim wanted to grill the other night even tho it's still a bit nippy out. Glad your evening went good and I hope Caroline's feeling better.

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home