This is My "Real" Blog: She Doesn't Just Sparkle. . .


Angie's Blog!

Thursday, July 09, 2009

She Doesn't Just Sparkle. . .


She SHINES!

On the fourth, we bought a couple boxes of sparklers for the kids to play with while watching fireworks. We learned that my aunt & uncle's front porch (overlooking the river) provides a phenomenal view for fireworks -- you know, the homegrown kind. We saw at least four families setting off hundreds of dollars worth of explosives. It was beautiful.

In between the sparkles and booms?


Caroline danced. I mean she was shaking what the Good Lord gave her -- and just delighting in herself. Sheer, utter delight. It was wonderful.

Then, there was this. . .


I thought it was pretty cool.

But there have been other memorable pictures this summer. Like this one. . .


In which Caroline decided to grab Edison's bolt pillow and his string backpack, and "run away." Actually, I think she said she was going to Grandma's house. Big surprise. Seriously -- I think the child would choose Grandma's house over Disney World.

The other thing I love about this picture? She has these blue plaid shorts. Every time I put them on her, she says, "Baby Carson's shorts," because he has a really cute pair of "golf" shorts (plaid) that he wore for his birthday (I believe). Maybe it was Easter. Regardless, these are her "Baby Carson" shorts.

One day, I found her doing this. . .

Singing to herself in the mirror on her closet door is one of her favorite things to do. . . along with singing to herself in the oven door, or the dishwasher door. And, the little stinker is good.

Her new favorite song is "Shout to the Lord," and we usually sing it together. But often I'll find her singing it to herself, or one of her babies. My favorite part? When her southern accent kicks into high gear.

"I sing for joy at the work of your hay-and; forever I'll love you, forever I'll stay-and."

I'm not kidding.

This is one of my new favorite pics -- it's about to become my new profile pic on Facebook. . . .

Me and my girl at the Smokies game a few weeks ago. I just love our expressions. . .and if you know me, you know that's a rare thing for me to like a picture of myself!

Okay, so I guess that's about it. Oh. You want another one? A video, perhaps? Okay.



Granted, this video was taken in France. . . last year. . .but I can honestly say it's become one of my favorite "covers" that he does. And, let's be honest, it wouldn't be a true "Angie" post if there wasn't some mention of Michael, now would it?
Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger Mellykat said...

Michael...or Vincent...or your Nascar guy whose name is currently escaping me!

Wonderful post...but you really could have tied in the fact that SPARKLE RHYMES WITH FARKLE!!! heehee

Have a great rest tonight!
Love Melly :)

12:11 AM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

what is with our kids and their tennessee twang?! i blame javen's on his mother's day out teacher last year, she was born and raised in seymour and has quite the strong accent. i have to laugh, my grandma told me i'd move up here to college and pick up the accent and i swore i never would...but my son has instead! haha!

1:04 AM  
Anonymous Judy said...

I love it Angie...She is such a cutie pie I just want to give her a big hug and kiss.

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Nana said...

Angie, Love the stories and the photos!! What a beautiful girl you've got!!!

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home