This is My "Real" Blog: Baby Girl's Got Game - Edited


Angie's Blog!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Baby Girl's Got Game - Edited

What? You don't believe me? Check it out. . . .

http://ma-bonne-vie.blogspot.com/2010/01/caroline-wii-bowling.html

This is Caroline bowling on our new Wii. She's a crack up. Especially when she "picks up a spare," which she learned from her grandpa. Say what you will, but the Wii has made all of us more active and more competitive with each other.

We've had a pretty uneventful weekend. Edison enjoyed TCTC (Tennessee Christian Teen Convention) this weekend, and has slept most of the afternoon. We suspect he didn't get nearly as much sleep as he should have gotten while away. Go figure.

Caroline has yet another "inclement weather" day tomorrow. Roads around here are clear (well, the main roads are) but there are side roads and mountain roads that cause the county school system to shut down. They have lots of snow days built into the schedule. Edison gets snow days too, from time to time -- but not nearly as often as Caroline does.

He had one on Friday, actually -- which helped him finalize all the last-minute details he needed to complete before TCTC.

In other news, but still weather-related news - we canceled one of our church services this morning. We have two services - one at 9 a.m., and one at 10:30 a.m. We figured that we'd give the sun a little time to work on the icy spots by keeping people home an extra hour and a half. Of course, that's always a risk -- how do you make sure everyone knows? What about Sunday School? And various other questions. . . .

We dealt with them by email, website, and local TV stations -- and for the record, only had six (6) people show up that didn't know we'd canceled the early service. For a church of (roughly) 400 people, that's not too shabby. We'll see what happens the next time. . . .

There really isn't much more to say, so I think I'll close this exciting (ha!) blog post. Beth came through the first week of chemo treatment. I encourage you to keep up with her through this process. God is going to do something spectacular, and I want YOU to be able to see it firsthand.

I haven't heard anything more from my friend Joni - but that's to be expected in situations like hers. I still marvel at the depth of relationships when comment interests and beliefs are part of the equation.

So, with an evening of Sunday night programming in front of me (Hello? Law & Order:CI Marathon on Bravo - every Sunday night!!) I leave you to go stir a batch of caramel corn (last stirring -- almost time to enjoy!) and wish you a blessed week full of love, joy, peace, and laughter.

Edited to add:

I have been meaning to confess this for a long time. . . . .I have a new addiction. And although I know admitting is the first step -- I have no intention of letting go of this addiction. I just want to share it with you - and maybe you'll get "hooked," too.

Have you ever had this???

This is red pepper jelly on top of cream cheese. In this case, you see it on English Muffins - which I, sadly, haven't tried yet.

I have, however, eaten this DIVINE concoction with Wheat Thins (both regular and reduced-fat). And, my friends, I am hooked. It is lovely, delicious, tangy, sweet, a little spicy -- and just plain good.

(Note to self: buy english muffins at the store this week)

I haven't scoured the shelves of Kroger or Food City (my local venues) for red pepper jelly, yet. A friend gave me some for Christmas - after she and I got hooked on the stuff by yet another friend. (I love these girls, really -- I can be myself with them) But, I have seen it at a little gift shop in town.

I kinda have designs on making some homemade pepper jelly -- I've made boysenberry, blackberry, cranberry/apple, and apple butter. Surely I can make red pepper jelly. As always, I will keep you posted.

But I knew I had something special to share -- and that was it. Enjoy!!!

Caramel Corn is cooling -- and sooooooo tasty. See ya!
Photobucket

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's even more gooder on a triscut! LOL

I like the high five!

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Judy @ daily yarns said...

I love red pepper jelly, my daughter gave me a jar and I've been hiding it from everyone else in the house :)
That looks sooooo yummy!

7:31 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

red pepper jelly is sooooo easy... and james villas "My mothers southern entertaining" has a recipe for cream cheese and red pepper jelly "appetizer" with crackers... love you

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home