This is My "Real" Blog: World's Fastest Blog Entry


Angie's Blog!

Monday, December 14, 2009

World's Fastest Blog Entry

. . .well, maybe not. But, I've got a goal. "Big Bang Theory" begins in 7 minutes (acc. to the clock on my browser) so I've got an end-goal in sight.

I'm so sorry it's been so long since I posted last. As you can imagine, this time of year is crazy for everyone -- but music directors (heaven forbid I be called a "minister") have extra fun times on their calendars.

It's not been bad, actually. Here's a bullet-list of things that have occurred since I last posted.

1) Staff Christmas party - had my butt handed to me playing ping-pong from a 5th grader
2) Mark's work part - fun, great food, cold night. Brrrrrr.
3) Beginning wrapping presents
4) Baking marathon begun
5) Planning four, yes, FOUR services that will take place in a 6-day timespan. And yes, each one is entirely different than the other
6) Buying angel tree presents -- way fun!
7) Getting a new computer at work
8) Getting a new computer at home
(I didn't say it wasn't an expensive couple of weeks)
9) Baking Honey Whole Wheat Bread
10) Making a double batch of apple butter for teacher gifts for both kids
11) Going on a field trip with Caroline -- just this morning, actually
12) Buying myself a few new shirts/sweaters for the season (and PJs for Christmas Eve)
13) Making plans with friends over the holidays
14) Dumped boiling water on myself - burning a 4x3 area on my tummy.

Seriously, I could go on and on. But, I now have three minutes until BBT - and I don't like to miss this show, or the one that follows it on another network Castle. Really good show - check it out, if you haven't

I'm also finishing projects, wrapping more presents, buying presents, celebrating birthdays and anniversaries - saying "goodbye" to a colleague, and trying to sit still long enough to enjoy "White Christmas" or "Elf" but so far, that hasn't happened.

I'm almost afraid to type this -- but Caroline is making HUGE strides this week. She went to the elementary-age Children's Church this past Sunday, and did GREAT! My mom peeked in, as part of our disability ministry, and when Caroline saw her, she waved, and went back to singing and dancing with the big kids. I've been told she even raised her hand and answered a question in the big group.

And. . . . drum roll please. .. she has had three (3) very successful days in the bathroom side of her life. She even asked to be excused to go to the bathroom on her field trip today -- and HAD TO GO! Then, during dinner tonight, she asked to go to the potty - and big girl went!!! I'm so excited -- I told her this could be my present for Christmas. And, I mean it!

She's really growing up - and we're seeing it more and more.

Well, time for the show to start -- two minutes ago. I cannot, for the life of me, do something short-winded, can I ?

Oh well.. . . .
Photobucket

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun and busy (and painful) and rewarding life you lead! Keep the faith, girl!!

Steve

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww.... I'm proud of Caroline!

Glad you're able to sit and relax (hopefully) while watching your favorite shows. Please take care of that burn...

HUGS!

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Judy @ daily yarns said...

It's been crazy busy over here too. I'm glad to see your alive and kicking :)

8:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Yeah Caroline! So proud of her...she's growing up. A field trip with Kindergarteners...your brave.

8:17 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

yippee on the potty training stuff, and ouch on tummy burning... i was walking around naked while pregnant with mary (ooops wrecked the G rating to your blog) anyway i burned my belly the day before a visit with OB GYN... so embarrassing.... i miss you very much angie...

4:11 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

way to go Caroline! Owen is also making some strides in this area! Happy day :)

Sent your book in the box to J and S - should be there next week :)

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home