This is My "Real" Blog: Aforepromised? Word? Not a word?


Angie's Blog!

Monday, November 09, 2009

Aforepromised? Word? Not a word?

I may have made up a word--I'm not sure. Regardless -- as opposed to "irregardless" which is NOT a word -- here are some pictures that I've promised over the past couple of weeks. Sorry for the delay.

Caroline trick-or-treating at (coincidentally) our old house!

Caroline trick-or-treating at Miss Carole's house. (Coincidentally, we currently live in Carole's mother's former house)

Caroline trick-or-treating at Grandma's house. (No more "coincidences" coincidentally)

Caroline and Mommy at the DSAG Fall Festival - October 24. We got lots of mileage out of that ballerina outfit.

This precious little girl just warms my heart. Wanna know why? It's because SHE is the baby that Mark and I prayed for over a year ago. Her mommy and daddy were getting all sorts of confusing information and advice from the medical community before she was born -- they knew she'd have Down syndrome at birth. And sadly, as many doctors and professionals are prone to do -- these parents were being encouraged to consider abortion. Mark and I had the privilege of telling her parents about Caroline, in an effort to encourage them to follow through with the pregnancy, and welcome this precious little girl into the world.

Please know this very true fact: We take NO credit for their decision. But, I was never happier to see a little girl than when I saw her for the first time at Buddy Walk. Getting a chance to actually talk to her face-to face on this day? Well, that was just a joy I cannot express. Welcome to the World, Miss C!!

My little Martha Stewart in training!

Grandma & Caroline at a recent family wedding.

Mommy & Caroline at that same wedding.


Okay - here's where the blog post gets fun. A couple months ago, I was privileged to reconnect with a friend from college. We hadn't seen each other in nearly 20 years -- but through the magic of Facebook, we have been reunited.

His 25th reunion at Milligan was a couple weekends ago. On his way home to Illinois, he stopped here at our house, and spent the afternoon with 3/4 of our family. (Edison went to Dollywood with his grandparents) Caroline and Doug became immediate friends. In fact, she woke up the next morning -- wondering where he had gone.

It was a great time - reconnecting with Doug. And, I have to thank Mark for being so gracious -- and letting us reminisce (gossip) about old times and old friends.

Well, whether or not I may have made up a word, who cares? I did follow through on my promise to post pictures. That's really the most important part of this post.....unless you count the fact that I've blogged twice in one day. That, my friends, is fairly monumental!
Photobucket

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll leave the word-making-up-ing to the lawyers. Glad you're back, and with a family and friends!

Steve

12:04 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

the most beautiful ballerina there ever was.

1:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So that's the sweet little girl we were praying for.... Precious! (you know how that just warms my heart -- yes, I'm tearing up!)

Isn't it fun to reunite with old friends? It's neat to see how us older and wiser (lol!) friends get along just as well as we did before....

Big hugs, my friend...

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home