This is My "Real" Blog: Epic Fail


Angie's Blog!

Monday, October 19, 2009

Epic Fail

That was my Monday. Epic Fail from start to finish. Why? It's simple. I am not a good confront-er. I don't like to ruffle feathers. I don't like to make waves.

I love living out that Eagles' lyric: "I got a peaceful, easy feelin'. . . " You know? Today was not that, at all. My final FB status update for the day was, and is:

Angie Knowles Aubrey

Ya know? I'd almost go for a "Groundhog Day" do-over. I would *not* have made a phone call. . . *not* entertained a discussion that has me stressed out. . .and I would *not* have wasted a couple hours at home this afternoon -- wallowing in my crappy day. Oh well. . . it's almost Tuesday! 6 minutes ago clear



For those of you with a facebook account, you will recognize that I pretty much just cut & pasted that status update. If I still had a Twitter account, I'd have "tweeted" that as well.

There are stories behind those "vignettes" and more stories that aren't reflected in the brief re-cap of my day. But, I'm not going to tell those stories. There really wouldn't be any good point in doing that. Bottom line: Today sucked -- out loud.

Tomorrow? Well, I'm hoping for some resolution to the chaos from today. I'm hoping for a "reconciliation" between a teenage boy and his parents who had a little "discussion" tonight about the proper and improper use of cell phones during the school day. (Ahem. . . ) And, above all, I'm hoping that our Buddy Walk de-briefing meeting tomorrow night will be fun, exciting, and filled with lots of laughter. I could use laughter right about now.

And so, with that, I have very little else to say. Tomorrow, by all odds, has to be better. I suppose it could be worse -- but that would surely scare the bejeezers out of me. So, I'm grasping onto some hope that the sun will, indeed, come out tomorrow. . .


. . . bet your bottom dollar!
Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I LOVE YOU ANGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

12:46 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Sorry for the rough day. Sorry that you had to dip into cheesy musicals for hope for tomorrow.

Hope that the BW meeting goes well, and I'm really happy that it's not a Buddy March. I wouldn't look forward to hearing a BM report.

And love to Edison. It's possible to survive teenage years, even with old-fashioned parents (and yes, ALL parents are old-fashioned).

11:41 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

that steve is one funny commenter and a tough act to follow, so i will jsut say... hey friend! simply and still believing you know who

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugs...

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home