This is My "Real" Blog: Ladies and Geppleman!


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Ladies and Geppleman!

Yep -- that was how we finished dinner last night. Caroline was quoting Max & Ruby -- most likely from the episode where Ruby and Louise create a "circus" in their backyard. . . gosh, I've seen them too many times.

Anyway, as dinner was winding down last night, Caroline picked up her unfolded napkin, and hid some part of dinner that she had chosen not to eat. As she uncovered it, she evolved into her announcer voice and started in: "Ladies and Gepplemen. . . !" This was followed by various words and phrases that we couldn't decipher -- and then we started laughing.

And, that's pretty much the way it's been around here. Busy. Fun. Laughter.

Although, Little Miss C had to "pull a crayon" at school yesterday for not following directions.

Now, please bear with me for a moment. Because. . . . I'm glad it happened. For one thing, it shows her teachers who continually say how "precious" she is -- that she can be a little stinker. It also shows me that she's getting comfortable....in her own skin....and in that school building.

Oh? The offense? From the brief note from the teacher, we think she was supposed to be walking down the hall--presumably with the teacher and some students--and Caroline started "hiding" in the doorways to other classrooms.

If the school were a more "traditional" school, this wouldn't be so bad -- because classroom doors would be closed. But, her school has a somewhat "open" classroom format -- and the doorways are just that--doorways. No doors. So, potentially, she might have disrupted other classes.

But, as I admitted before -- I'm glad she's starting to let some of her true colors show.

That's about it for now -- Edison's team won their home football game last Friday night. It was a good one. He got some playing time. I stayed home with Caroline and my niece who was visiting from Michigan.

I have to dash out and go to work. . . life never stops! Have a great day!
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, that's a good thing...Every child needs boundaries. Not many patents realize that. I applaud your wisdom!

9:42 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

okay your comment made me tear up and that is nothing new these days for me, then i read this post and i laughed , something that thankfully i am also doing these days

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Judy said...

It sounds like she's settling right in. Is Edison enjoying High School?

9:55 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

I would be gauche for pointing out that the little stinker is taking after her mom, so I won't.

11:48 AM  
Blogger datri said...

Ah, how nice Caroline is being treated like all the other kids! It's funny how we get excited about things like this, LOL. And who decided open floor plans were a good idea? Eeesh.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home