This is My "Real" Blog: A Clarification. . . or two


Angie's Blog!

Saturday, August 01, 2009

A Clarification. . . or two

After reading comments from yesterday's post, I want to clarify. . .

I have designs on making Edison's room into my sewing room. But, let's be honest. . . we're talking about one of the world's all-time sappiest moms here. It will definitely not happen in that first year.

Now, to clarify further -- I may move my sewing machine in there--but his stuff -- football memorabilia, clothes, etc., will stay until I can come to grips with him actually being out of the house. And, for that, I'm estimating a good 18 months. So, please don't take me to task over my covetous spirit of that extra room.

If I remember correctly, to hear my parents tell it -- no one (literally no one) was allowed in my room after I left for college for a month or so. And then, after a year (maybe two) they let my sister move in -- and change the decor.

Edison's room will however, become a spare room for guests to sleep in -- while he's away. It's got a double bed in there -- and it's adjacent to a bathroom. So, I will allow other people to stay in there. . . you know, when I'm not sewing. :)

[Steve -- did you see that? I used adjacent which is almost like using arduous.]

Another clarification needed. . . .

Based on this post, I got a little "flak" from my favorite brother-in-law about my reading glasses being prominently displayed upon entrance to my home.

. . . watch it, bro-in-law. I know where you live....er, well, I kinda know where you live. If I had to, I could find it.....I think.



That's it.

I am now going to move forward with my Saturday. . .which, has not moved forward much at all so far. The best I've done is to try a frozen chocolate pop-tart for breakfast. One of my former students, and buddy on facebook recommended it to me. It's allright -- kinda chewy. And, when I first get up, I don't really want to work to eat. So, I'll probably stick to eating them the old-fashioned way -- from the toaster.

We're having steak, baked potatoes, salad & bread for dinner tonight. And tonight, or tomorrow, we'll be reunited with friends of ours who are missionaries in Brazil. Jeff & Monica -- and their boys, Roger & Isaac, are here for a week. Monica and I became very close friends when they lived here. They moved back to Brazil about a year before Caroline was born -- so she has only seen her twice in five years. This will be the most significant visit, I'm sure.

I personally cannot wait for Caroline to debut her latest song, "Shout to the Lord" for Monica. I predict lots of clapping, tears, and loving words spoken sweetly in Portuguese to Caroline. I'll do my best to capture some of this on video. It will definitely be one for the books!

Have a great Saturday!!!
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

i feel rebuked... but i an fearless and have to add more... katherine doesn't care who sleeps in there but she doesn't want anything to happen to that room ever... even if we sell the home, the new owners are to leave it intact...with all of its kbelle-ness...

8:17 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

you have no idea how much i miss you... really...

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't live without my readers...

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Judy said...

Oh Angie, I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I just remember how our son felt...and it made me feel awful. I guess what I meant was don't totally take it away like we did.
Forgive me?
Love Ya!!!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Dag.

Dinged twice in a "clarifications" post. Kinda makes me want to be careful what I say on here.

Or, to use Angie language, I should observe the peculiarities of the modes of conversation which had heretofore been observed.

Now Angie will need those reading glasses to look up more words.

(and even though I'm writing this while wearing bifocals, I'll still duck)

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home