This is My "Real" Blog: I know I've been absent. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Saturday, July 18, 2009

I know I've been absent. . . .

But you've got to forgive me.

It's been a week. And, I know I've said, "It's been a week" before. But this time. . .it's been a week.

Edison got away on his first-ever mission trip with our church youth group. They are just in Cincinnati -- so they're within a quick driving distance, if necessary. I miss him. I miss him. I miss him.

Oh. . .and they took my van.

I miss her. I miss her. I miss her.

I'm driving our youth minister's wife's car -- a Mazda Protege. I like it. But, I prefer our children's minister's Honda Fit.

Of course, have I mentioned? I miss my van.

She will be home on Saturday. So will Edison.

In the meantime, I have set up shop in his room. . . no, I'm not relishing him moving out in four years. Although, I have to admit, as Mark set up my sewing machine and ironing board in there -- and moved the bed out of the way to do so -- I realized just how much room is in that room.

So, in four years, you all can read about how I miss my oldest, but I'm enjoying his room as a sewing room.

. . . like I'll still be blogging in four years!

Caroline's doing well. She's actually more disturbed at my driving Katie's car -- and Katie having our van -- than she is about Edison being gone. I'm always amazed at the things that throw her for a loop.

She and I will be spending some real quality time together this next week. With Edison gone, and my two favorite babysitters on the mission trip with him, I'm kind of in a pickle. Mark is going to help cover Monday -- my big meeting day -- and hopefully I'll be able to work some from home this week. I actually worked a lot of extra hours this past week, and in so doing, I'm ready for next Sunday already. (I love that feeling!)

So, I'm hoping and planning to get some creativity accomplished this week. . . and next week.

Oh? Did I fail to mention?

Edison gets home Saturday -- some yet-to-be-disclosed-hour -- and after what I assume will be three loads of laundry -- he'll get ready for five days of football camp. That's right -- he's leaving us again.

I've already decided that I will remove my sewing machine and ironing board. But, I'm not moving his bed for just one night.

The 2nd week sans Edison -- we'll have our babysitting girls back, and I can return to a normal work schedule. Then, the week after that, Caroline will go to a day camp designed to help special needs kids get ready to go back to school.

And then. . .it will be time for school to begin. I find it hard to believe that -- one month from today -- Caroline will have completed her second day of Kindergarten. . .and Edison will have completed his seventh day of high school.

Nope. They're not on similar schedules. But, I heard from a friend of mine on Facebook -- and last year, her four kids (4) were on three (3) different school schedules.

I'm blessed. Really, I am.

So tonight, I'm signing off with the prospect of getting some fabric out and doing some cutting! :) I love that part -- and I love the sewing part. I've got project stacked up that will be finished -- somewhat easily -- and others that will be launched during this blitz of sewing.

I'm looking forward to sharing pictures with you -- unless we're talking about presents. I hope you understand.

Again, I apologize for the length between posts. But, if I promise pictures in my next post, I'm hoping you'll be gracious and forgiving!!
Photobucket

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Oh, Angie, don't start cutting. We love you, and we'll pay attention to you. You don't have to cut yourself to get attention, or to make sure that you're really alive.

Oh, not that kind of cutting?

Nevermind.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

i hope you're still blogging in 4 years!

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home