This is My "Real" Blog: I Not Sure. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I Not Sure. . . .

That's not a typo. It will make sense, later.

Wow -- what a couple of days it's been. I apologize for not blogging sooner. But, in my defense, it has been a "hooverish" existence the past week or so.





life has sucked. out loud. like a vacuum cleaner. not a cross-dressing FBI director

Being in some of the "final stages" of Buddy Walk preparation, things have been (at best) interesting. Let's just say that I am not a big fan of bureaucracy. And red tape? So last season. Hated it. (Said in my best Tim Gunn voice)

So. . . after a temper tantrum, many tears, and one brief respite where I was told, yes I said TOLD, to go shopping. . . I'm better. My "retail therapy" is being dried in the dryer as I type -- quilt fabric. (The good stuff. . . not the usual stuff I buy at Joann's)

This weekend was fun -- just busy. Our Down syndrome group was treated to the 2nd annual "Hoops for Hope" basketball tournament. At this tournament, our kids got to play basketball with other kids with Down syndrome. Their coaches?

Oh, didn't I mention? It was the National Champion Lady Vols and the UT Men's Basketball team. And, one of the honored guests? That would be Bruce Pearl - coach of the UT Men's team. Pat Summitt was scheduled to be there, but couldn't make it.

It was an amazing day -- full of celebration, cheers, athletic ability, and tears. That's right -- Caroline spent a good portion of her time (in the gym) in tears. She really doesn't like loud crowds. And, trust me -- this crowd was LOUD!!!

We did manage to get a few pictures. Thought you might like to see a couple. . . .

Well, that was a bust. Blogspot is not allowing me to upload photos at the moment. I promise to try again tonight.

This weekend was also my nephew's first weekend in college. He has enrolled at JBC (Johnson Bible College) which is just down the road from here. (Hi Daniel!) He occasionally reads the blog. . . and I refuse to call him Dan like all his friends do. Sorry, my dear!

This meant that my sister and her family are all in town. We spent some time together on Friday night, and then again on Sunday afternoon. They're still here this week -- so we've got a few more things on the agenda to do with them.

The hard part is that both my kids are in school -- WHICH, by the way, is going fabulously well. Caroline has adjusted to Kindergarten even better than I had dreamed. It's great!!! But, with both of them getting up early, we're having to miss out on some of the family fun because 6:40 comes very early.

On Friday morning, I took Edison to school with his backpack, duffel bag, bass guitar, and bass amp. Yeah, he was a sight. He had to play in chapel on Friday morning -- and then after chapel and lunch, they headed for his first away football game.

That's right. On Friday night, Edison played in his first official high school football game. It was in Smyrna, TN -- which is about 2.5 hours from here. He didn't get home until 2:45 a.m., and didn't sleep until 3:15 or so. Needless to say, he didn't attend "Hoops for Hope" with us. He slept.

He was pulled into the game for one series of plays -- and word on the street is that he had an unassisted tackle for a loss of yards. (Yeah, I had to get help on that one, too) It's a good thing to his credit. I'm very proud of him.

I have told him, however, that I am mildly concerned at his in ability to say "no" to certain things. He has gotten involved in the praise band at school. . . and at church. . . and in Fellowship of Christian Athletes. . . and in football. . . see where this is going?

That's right -- he's becoming just like his mother. So far, he's doing allright in everything -- but I am concerned in his plate-spinning abilities. I spin a lot of plates. But, I've been doing it a long, long time. It takes time, practice, and a limitless supply of plates.

We're working on "all things in moderation" around here. But for now, the child is burning the candle at both ends and in the middle -- and I'm a little concerned. Thankfully, he sees the tendency, and is willing to cut back, when necessary.

Let's see -- oh yeah, two more things.

1) We went to see "Julie and Julia" the other night. Makes me want to make Beef Bourgnion. (sp?) It was a great movie. Seriously -- I forgot a couple of times that it was Meryl Streep -- and thought it was really Julia Child. She was that good.

2) On Facebook, I'm adding a new feature to my status updates. FCQOTD (which I shamelessly stole from someone else's blog) Don't tell your sister, Jules. :) I plan on sharing them here, too, because not everyone that reads my blog has a facebook account (MOM!)

My Favorite Caroline Quote of the Day for today:

Me: How are you today? Are you happy?
Caroline: I not sure*
Me (stifling laughter): You're not sure?
Caroline: Naaaaaaa. . . . I'm happy.

She cracks me up.



*that's where the title came from!
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Share your therapy fabric, please.

I not sure? Too funny...

Hang on, this week should be better...

5:35 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Wow, what a full week for the Aubrey family. I love the Caroline quote. She is to cute. I hope you get to enjoy some more time with Lori and the fam this week. See you soon!

5:51 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

she cracks ME up... that was great... the movie really effected melinda... she wrote about it a few posts ago... and I want to see it sooo bad but last tuesday (cheap night)was sold out and we were invited somewhere last night... story of my life... DVD

9:08 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Just another normal manic week. Glad you're putting the brakes on Edison's helpfulness.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

Secret is safe with me, wink :)

Man, Edison is taking to HS, yes? LOVE Caroline feeling out that emotion, so cute!

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home