This is My "Real" Blog: Kindergarten, Here I Come! *(And a game for you to play)


Angie's Blog!

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Kindergarten, Here I Come! *(And a game for you to play)


Well, she's in bed. In fact, she "hopped" into bed without being prompted. I couldn't get over it.

Tomorrow morning. . . somewhere between 7:15 a.m. and 7:30 a.m., her bus will arrive, and take her to KINDERGARTEN. So, now. . .hanging on the back of her chair in the kitchen is this:

That's right. . . in 12 hours, my little "eagle" will begin soaring with a new flock. . . numbering about 600 in all. (Okay, that part scares me) There are approximately 600 kids in her school (grades K - 2), and although I know she's going to figure out a way to "worm herself" into their hearts. . . she's still my baby girl. And tonight is the last time I can say I'm putting my preschooler to bed.

. . . okay, I really hadn't taken that all in before typing it.

Please pray. For her. For me. For them. For acceptance. For challenge.

I know it's a lengthy list, but we appreciate every prayer uttered on her (our) behalf.

Okay -- now for our game. What do these two people have in common?


and


These two men. . . Michael Jackson and Peyton Manning both performed on the same soil that my son played football on Friday night. That's right. . . they performed on *his* turf! :)

On Friday night, Edison's high school football team participated in a Football Jamboree at Neyland Stadium in downtown Knoxville. We have been trying to impress on him the fact that he might not get a lot of playing time this year.

At this Jamboree, each team only played one quarter--so we were supportive, but not anticipating that he would participate. Here he is (#51) on the sidelines:


And here. . . for your viewing pleasure. . .he is on the field!!!


His words, "It was cool, Mom."

It was, Edison. It really, was.
Photobucket

6 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

kindergarten, i dont recall anyone asking me if this was okay.... eeeeek! well i will be praying for the best day ever... i love her and love you

9:10 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

and i pray for those things for her for you for me for jenni, for emmy, for katherine, for mary, for all of my babies all the days all the time

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Julaine said...

Oh my word! Where does the time go? I'm so glad she's so excited! I'll be praying. God's got big things for her -- ya can just see it! Too cool about Edison too - who is too young to be in high school!!! We were talking about him a lot last week -- we were on vacation, and Jake kept saying "Really mom, Edison is in school this week?" We felt sorry for him! What a fun oppoutunity to play at that field (sorry I can't remember the name of it right now :0%). Sam got to play b-ball at the United Center a couple years ago - I almost cried (I can't help it!). Isaac starts football practice this Wednesday. I guess this is a wierd blog comment, but oh well. Have a lovely day! Miss you! I'll be praying this week for you and Miss C!

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Judy said...

You bet I'll be praying. Wow, I can't believe she's going to kindergarten...Even tho I've only known you guys for a short time, it feels like I've known you forever.

How exciting for Edison!!! and How exciting for you and Mark to see him down on the field...What fun memories.

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, that was totally awesome and cool! YAY Edison!

I can't wait to hear how Kindergarten went. Such a big step. Hugs... I know you'll be weepy today, Mom... Big hugs.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Many transitions. You guys holding up okay?

Remember to take deep breaths. And comfort food. And God like a great big umbrella, sheltering all of you. (all y'all? I'm from too far North to know for sure)

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home