This is My "Real" Blog: Two Days in. . so far, so good!


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Two Days in. . so far, so good!

Edison, as I type, is in football practice after his 2nd full day of high school. Yesterday went well. My phone was eerily quiet today, so I assume today went fine, as well.

So, one's in. . .one's on deck.

Caroline's kindergarten orientation is tonight. She and Mark are going to attend orientation -- while I retrieve Edison from football, bring him home, and go to Bible study at church.

Yep -- this is now the pace of our lives. Busier than before. . . but more blessed than ever.

I'd love to write more - -show pictures, etc., but just don't have the time to do so. I need to get dinner assembled (having an idea would be nice, as well), finish one last chapter in my Bible study book, and get ready for this evening.

Things really are going well -- just fast-paced. So what else is new?

Hopefully, there are more blog entries in my little brain. . . I know there will be pictures of someone's first day of school next week. When asked why I didn't take a picture of Edison on his first day, I believe my reply was. . ."You've seen one first day at TKA, you've seen them all." (school uniforms, don't you know!?)

So, that's the update for now -- nothing earth-shattering from our end of the world. Just trying to stay in touch. I've been reading blogs, but not commenting. Sorry -- just really, really busy!

One final note: I'm sure by now, everyone has heard about the death of Eunice Kennedy Shriver. Today began on a sad note -- when we heard of her death. But, as the day has progressed, we've read stories and reflected on her life and time. What a precious woman. What a powerful life force. And though I have never been a huge fan of the Kennedy's. . . things like political opinions and viewpoints don't matter when you look at the influence of one life on millions of others. She set out to make the world a better place for Caroline. . . my Caroline. She dedicated her life to helping (my) Caroline find her place in society -- and make her mark in it. That is a life worth celebrating!!

Thank you, Eunice! May God bless you as you find your rest in His arms.
Photobucket

4 Comments:

Anonymous Judy said...

Life can get pretty busy sometimes and never ever seems to slow down.

Wow, a High School-er. I remember our first one starting High School...The next thing you know he'll be graduating.

I did not know that about Eunice.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Shelly Wildman said...

Oh honey, just wait. High school is an all out blur! I can't believe I have a SENIOR already. Hold on to your hat!

10:11 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

All the news programs have been highlighting that she started the Special Olympics. Very good deed. If we were judged by our works, it would be a cake-walk for her.

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yup, HS will be a blur... I'm glad the routine of school time is settling in. Hang in there!

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home